Randstad
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Randstad:

Randstad Management reviews

New Zealand23 reviews
looking after and teaching children from ages 0-5 basics.
having a lot of patients.

management was always around.
learning each child's attitude and personality, each day was different.

watching the children enjoying themselves.
Pros
lunches
Cons
short hours
I loved this job and looked forward to going to work every morning. I learned a lot about waste management logistics and working for a transpacific company. I loved the people I worked with and the hours and it was easy to get to work. The management and offices were fairly new because of the earthquakes so everyone was settling in together. I was there to make up the hours of a person who had had to go on half time due to injury. I did the filing, stationery ordering, catering supplies - anything that would help the full time Administration staff be able to focus on the accounting side of things. The hardest part of the job was the noise of working in an open plan office in a heavy industrial area.
Pros
Close to home, lovely and fun co-workers, felt I made a difference
Cons
Noisy environment, short term contract
A typical day involved the company calling me around 7 am to see if I was available to work that day, and if I was, then me going out to the day care center and working a shift to replace whatever staff was absent.
I learned to be adaptable and easy going - there are a lot of different types of childcare centers out there and I had to adapt to their specific teaching style.

I was not involved with management, other than for my interview. And the same goes with my co-workers - I did not see much of my fellow employees because centers generally only needed 1 sub in a day.
The hardest part of my job was learning new rules and never knowing if I was going to get called into work on a given morning.

The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to know certain childcare centers and getting to know the kids I was working with.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
non-steady work