Randstad
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Randstad Employee Review

Flexible Work Schedule and Fun Times with Kids

12 November 2018
In NZ on a working holiday visa. This job was great at it provided flexibility in my scheduling so I could travel when I wanted, allowed me to see more of the city as I would be placed in different locations for the day, 9-5 like work hours and no weekend work. If I did not already have a booking in place (which was quite frequent), I would get up around 7 to get a phone call for a booking for that day. Usually would manage around 30-35 hours of paid work a week. As a relief worker in preschools I worked with a range of ages, but often was asked back at placements allowing you to grow a good connection with the kids. Also - no changing nappies! If I left to travel it always took awhile to build up my hours again, but would usually be back to working 30ish hours in a week or so.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Not always consistent work
11 February 2019
looking after and teaching children from ages 0-5 basics.
having a lot of patients.

management was always around.

learning each child's attitude and personality, each day was different.

watching the children enjoying themselves.
Pros
lunches
Cons
short hours
23 August 2013
Same location
A typical day involved the company calling me around 7 am to see if I was available to work that day, and if I was, then me going out to the day care center and working a shift to replace whatever staff was absent.
I learned to be adaptable and easy going - there are a lot of different types of childcare centers out there and I had to adapt to their specific teaching style.

I was not involved with management, other than for my interview. And the same goes with my co-workers - I did not see much of my fellow employees because centers generally only needed 1 sub in a day.

The hardest part of my job was learning new rules and never knowing if I was going to get called into work on a given morning.

The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to know certain childcare centers and getting to know the kids I was working with.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
non-steady work
5 March 2019
Randstad is a great recruitment company if you are looking for temporary work. I've already worked for government organizations which have been great experiences. They provide great salary rates and I recommend this recruitment agency to anyone who is currently looking for work,
Pros
Great salaries, build up on CV, meet new people
Cons
nothing