Randstad
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Randstad Employee Review

fun work place

11 February 2019
looking after and teaching children from ages 0-5 basics.
having a lot of patients.

management was always around.

learning each child's attitude and personality, each day was different.

watching the children enjoying themselves.
Pros
lunches
Cons
short hours
23 April 2018
Same role
Early Childhood Relief Teacher (Current Employee) - Auckland
Randstad is a very organized teachers recruitment company. Hours and location are always flexible and respects staff's preference and hours. They are always friendly and helpful.
9 September 2015
Same role
Early Childhood Teacher Reliever (Former Employee) - East Tamaki, Auckland
A fun working environment. Working as part of a team and actually having lots of fun with children.

It can be emotionally and physically tiring some days, because you’re pretty much doing everything for the children that their parents would do – feeding, toileting and so on – but it is so rewarding knowing you are helping them learn skills that they will use for the rest of their lives.
Pros
Seeing a child learn something for the very first time.
Cons
Physical and mental exhaustion. Managing the competing needs of children.
12 November 2018
Same location
Child Care Relief Worker (Former Employee) - Wellington City, Wellington
In NZ on a working holiday visa. This job was great at it provided flexibility in my scheduling so I could travel when I wanted, allowed me to see more of the city as I would be placed in different locations for the day, 9-5 like work hours and no weekend work. If I did not already have a booking in place (which was quite frequent), I would get up around 7 to get a phone call for a booking for that day. Usually would manage around 30-35 hours of paid work a week. As a relief worker in preschools I worked with a range of ages, but often was asked back at placements allowing you to grow a good connection with the kids. Also - no changing nappies! If I left to travel it always took awhile to build up my hours again, but would usually be back to working 30ish hours in a week or so.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Not always consistent work