Red Badge Group

Red Badge Group Employee Reviews

New Zealand14 reviews

3.9Work–Life Balance

Great people to be associated with

The company are all about the people & what is good for firstly their clients & looking after there staff. There is a great camaraderie between the whole workforce from top to bottom The company are all about looking after each other

Pros

Great team spirit

Cons

Sometimes long hours for not great pay

low skilled, low wage, low fun

Minimum wage, no training, no interview, just applied and got the job, not enough hours. Casual job so you can pick up work when you want a shift, but with Covid there's hardly any shifts available and it's a first in first served basis.

Pros

easy work, no interview

Cons

boring, unsocial hours, minimum wage, no training

Great team

Love the family vibe and team comaraderie when working at a large event.Sometimes short notice and long time between breaks, but seems to be the norm for the industry.

Pros

Events

Cons

Team leaders and management very approachable. Always back up in hand.

Everyone treated equal. One team one dream. Always had back up. Supervisor of teams were always on hand. Radio communication always on point. Recommend to start security career with them.

Pros

Management approahable

Cons

No set hours. Casual on call work

Waikato management and supervision are criminal.

Very un co operative when wanting to formally make written complaints. Worksafe breaches i.e no PPE, radio communications unavailable, no qualified.roading & parking staff. (TTM) temporary traffic management failures leading to injuries as res badge are contractor of elton johns concerts.

I worked here in New Zealand for a few months. It was a positive experience as the work was always varied. It mainly consisted of crowd management and guarding certain job sites.

Didn’t like it

Work environment wasn’t that great. Had to deal with a lot of drunk people at concerts or games. I know which came with the job. You would stand for long periods of times and only have ONE 15 min break.

Pros

Watch the concert or game

Cons

Only one break, Standing for a long time

Enjoyable

I can guarantee that I'll always meet someone new and everyone is so friendly, hardest part of the job is being on your feet all day but then that's compensated by all the people I work with being so lovely.

Pros

Watching events for free

Cons

Only casual

Red Badge Group Review

I really enjoyed working for the red badge group, you are able to make new friends every time you go to work. Not only that but you're given the opportunity to work at really awesome events such as concerts or rugby league games so you can have fun while working! The staff there are really friendly and they're so helpful too, if you don't understand something then someone is always there to lend you a hand and explain things. I really enjoyed working here!

Pros

Uniform is provided, good working enviroment

Vip entry Gate

It's a good environment sometimes. You get to enjoy the show or events. And also keeping yourself and other safety. The company also looks after their staff by providing free lunch.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

7 hour

Fun

Its a good relaxed work place where you meet people from all around the world. Friendly environment and postivity all around. Also everyone there is very supportive yet hard working.

Pros

Fun

Cons

Time

Cruisy but management need to change how they run the waikato division

Colleagues treated me like family, we all got along. Red Badge Group taught me how to work under pressure as well as to provide 100% customer service. I mainly did basic duties such as ticket scanning, like doing different things such as roving and id checks when away at work events like rwc fanzones and the races in Hawkes Bay.

Pros

The opportunity to go away, fun environment to work in

Cons

Staff & Mgmt dramas, food not provided on away trips, same people always being selected for work

Fun, cruisy

Typical shift for Red Badge Group would be ticket scanning and greeting patrons. I learned how to cope under pressure and also learned how to deal with angry patrons. Management provided the basic tools for any shift Co-workers were wonderful and treated me like family. The hardest part of the job was not knowing who your supervisor would be. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside wonderful staff

Pros

Free security training

Cons

In adequate breaks, staff dramas

Productive and Fun environment

I have learned that no matter what your moods are when you're at work/ start work, that should all be left out the door when you walk in to begin your day. Smile and greet the customers and also learn to enjoy the job and have fun. :)

Pros

free hot drinks

Cons

short hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Red Badge Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Red Badge Group