Reece Group Employee Reviews

Fun work enviroment
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Caringbah NSW13 September 2019
Was a really good company to work for good job security. Good benefits the salary at Reece isn't the best. There is great opportunity for growth in the company
Pros
Job security
Cons
Pay isnt the best
Friendly and good working envorinment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT25 August 2019
Working at Reece plumbing was a great experience, the co-workers were very helpful, nice and always assisted me with a lot of things i needed help with.
Great company but one bad manager can bring everyone down
Branch assistant (Former Employee) –  Qld31 July 2019
Great company to work for and most of the experience and help you get are second to none but one bad manager can bring the whole culture down with toxic behaviour which in turn makes good employees leave.
Unhappy with double standards
Counter staff and Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  NSW South Coast NSW28 July 2019
Double standards by managers and supervisors and high expectations from some staff but no accountability of other staff who continue to make multiple errors daily and making our work harder and more stressful
Not a good place to work
Counter Hand (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW16 July 2019
I was working there for a year and a half both as delivery driver and counter hand , managers where quite juvenile in the way they acted frustrated and childish at times , long hours , minimum wage pay , have good training for staff tho that’s where the positives end have to rush everything from packing orders to awnsering the phone, assisting walk in customers for not much in reward
Pros
Good training
Cons
Long hours bad pay, management is bad
Lack Leadershiip
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX3 June 2019
The company lacks the infrastructure to achieve lofty goals and ideas. They are about 10 years away from a 3-5 year vision. Very inconsistent in leadership, management, and direction; albeit a newly acquired company. Mid-level management is not on board with corporate direction. Senior management has no idea the investment required to achieve the 5-year plan. Local management is not capable of making the change.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Great workplace and friendly staff and management
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Mitchell ACT30 April 2019
Great workplace and friendly staff and management. Great location and they are very flexible on hours. They love a good chat and enjoy working together and in teams.
No benefits or value to be found here
Pricing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Burwood VIC11 April 2019
Don't work there unless you want a low paid, menial job. Some good people in there, and some shockers as well. My first Manager was great, but that's where the benefits of this job ended. Granted, I was in head office, and not in a store. I actually did enjoy it until there was a change of Manager who brought down the culture of the Department.
Pros
close to home
Cons
low pay, long hours, early start
Productive and fun place to work at
Australian School Based Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Moorebank NSW7 April 2019
Working at Reece was really enjoyable and I learned a lot from the management and the other colleagues there. The hardest part of the job was remembering all the different codes and where all the bits and pieces were stored. I learned a lot about the plumbing industry and the most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the plumbers getting to know how the job is and how hard it is and all that. The management was great and were always flexible with me especially since i had sporting commitments. Overall Reece is a great place to work at.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
A lot of heavy lifting
Excellent company to work for. Definitely had a family company feel about it.
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Port Melbourne VIC30 March 2019
I worked for Reece for 14 years and loved every bit of it. From supportive staff and management to engaging with customers daily. Common banter around the branch made the days go by quickly
Pros
Advancement, staff culture, management
horrible
TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Driver NT25 January 2019
horrid place to work, they don't care about employees you could work all day and then finish and go home without a job and no explanation staff are rude and bully and management need to take a hard look at their employees and the way they conduct them self
Awesome workplace
School Based Apprenticeship (Former Employee) –  Caroline Springs VIC21 January 2019
Awesome workplace. Qualified me with Cert 3 in Warehousing and Logistics. Picking and packing orders. Customer service in both showroom and trade centre. Able to help customers design their bathroom layouts using product knowledge and creativity.
Pros
Great workplace
Quality work place
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Sunbury VIC15 January 2019
Working at Reece there is a large range of products that you work with every day so its important to learn about them and there applications in order to build a trusting and positive relationship with the trade accounts.
Pros
Positive work environment
Cons
Nothing comes to mind
productive and great place to work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Eastern Suburbs VIC7 January 2019
since my time at Reece i met some incredible people who have been supportive on a daily basis.
I have had the experience to run an entire team and proved that i have what it takes.
Fun workplace
Traineeship in Warehouse Operations (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW2 January 2019
During my 2 years as a trainee, Reece helped me learn different forms of skills that allowed me to adapt and strengthen my skills towards customer service. Overall, I believe that Reece is a great place to work at!
Pros
Friendly Staff
fun place to work at
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC28 December 2018
fun place to work at company is large company is tight on salary and not much movement for growth within company . basic retail experience and great place
Good workplace, good for young blokes
Driver, Warehousing and Store person (Former Employee) –  Yeppoon QLD7 December 2018
Good place to get experience in the workplace. All different types of tradesmen and what goes on in a blokes world. Being in the transport and logistics side of things is an advantage because you have access to all sectors of Reece work.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Low pay for younger employees, subtle pecking orders.
Many unhappy staff.
Delivery Driver/Counter Hand (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC23 November 2018
If you want to work 9hr days 5 days a week and work 4hrs every second Saturday for less money than a checkout operator at a supermarket, this is it! Working through 30min lunch break is common practice. Real mans man mentality, lots of foul language and underhanded talk of women. Fairly high staff turnover which generally says one thing. Procedures in place for how the Branch is to be run ie: Heath and safety on and off site but very seldom done until branch audits are about to commence. Would recommend getting work there if doing a house reno for the discount, then move on.
Pros
Good discount
Cons
Work life balance
Tread Warily
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW5 November 2018
Is like McDonalds for adults. Long hours for paltry pay, no flexibility. The carrot is dangled in front of you for the bi-annual bonus which is also very little and subject to you not questioning anything ever, no matter how unfair. High staff turnover due to this. They encourage young UNI graduates with degrees or sometimes double degrees and still pay them next to nothing. A lot to learn, lots of very strenuous lifting, whilst they say all the WHS things but passively aggressively expect you to lift two person objects alone. Seriously, you earn more packing shelves and it's no stress and have a better work life balance. Stay away.
Pros
Met some nice people
Cons
False hope, long hours, hopeless pay and more.
Unfriendly work environment
Traineee (Former Employee) –  Forestville14 October 2018
After only working there’s for 8 weeks part time I found it difficult to talk any of my work colleagues
Trying to learn product range was impossible as I was always on delivery runs
Got dismissed as I told a work colleague that the wages were terrible
I don’t recommend anyone to work at this organisation
If you do don’t confine in anyone
Pros
Cons
Extra hours unpaid unpaid lunch sometimes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Reece Group. Our community is ready to answer.