Rentokil Initial Employee Reviews

Heel mooi product met goede "directe" collega`s
Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ambius Duiven21 August 2019
33 jaar met zeer veel plezier hier gewerkt. (binnen Ambius)
Pest Control Technician (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London1 August 2019
Great company to work for, the training is second to none and as long as you are organised you will have all the tools you need to be a success with plenty of opportunities to forge a long lasting career.
Pros
Only yourself to rely on
14 August 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a five-star review. We make sure we provide you with the best equipment we can through constant innovation of our products, followed up with the training both in the application and in customer service so you know what you're doing. I'm really glad that's appreciated!

The better you perform, the more doors will open for you. We'll encourage you to continue to upskill and apply to our management vacancies internally if you put the work in. I wish you the best of luck!

Training
Rentokil training methods are great.
Teaching has been very good has helped me feel more confident with myself and job role. Big thanks to all trainers !
14 August 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a five-star review. It's super to hear that we've given you the confidence to carry out a great service to your customers through training. They will very much appreciate your comments. It's down to you as well for absorbing the content and applying this in your daily job, so a well done to you as well.

Workplace
Surveyor (Current Employee) –  Devon1 August 2019
Great company to work for. Training is always given. You get out what you put in. Work life balance can be very good if you plan well. Would recommend working for them.
13 August 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a five-star review. You are absolutely right; with the way we structure our variable pay, there are bonuses, incentives and overtime opportunities for those who work hard and perform well. It's all about that keyword - planning. The longer you carry out the role, the better you plan and the easier it becomes to get that work/life balance right. Thank you for the recommendation.

Review
Technician (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow1 August 2019
Good training provided for role at top of the range facility by excellent trainers. Good opportunities for career progression if you are willing to work hard.
13 August 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a five-star review. Our Power Centre is newly built and has all the trainers need to produce excellent content and make sure you as a technician are prepared for the challenges that come with the territory. To hear it described as top of the range is fantastic to hear! Use that to your advantage if career progression is what you are after, remember we promoted 200 people in the UK last year.

Great team spirit
Great company to work for help with anything you need. Great teams that are willing to help anytime you need it. Get great in-depth training to ensure you can do the job to a high standard.
13 August 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a five-star review. It sounds like you receive super support both from your colleagues and our training teams who work tirelessly to produce engaging and helpful content. Keep up the good work!

Marketing Manager

Good solid company to work for
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Devon1 August 2019
I have been with Rentokil Initial for 5 years. Before I joined I worked at Petrol Stations. I joined to take full time hours. I have been working my way through the levels to reach Team Leader. It's good company as plenty of training and rewards.
Pros
Good finish times. Having weekends and bank holiday off.
Cons
Occasional strong odours.
13 August 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a five-star review. You can count on us to give you plenty to do throughout the day and it's great to hear you've been here for five years now! You've clearly been doing a good job and keeping customers happy as well as your current team. Keep up the good work!

Marketing Manager

Good compamy to work for
Customer delivery representative (Current Employee) –  Haydock, Merseyside31 July 2019
I have worked for initial rentokil now for 18mnt I needed a stable job and good working hours and this I what I got along with good management ment frendly staff and good opportunity to move higher whithin the company
Pros
Overtime to earn extra money
13 August 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a five-star review. We're really pleased you found the stability and the work/life balance you were looking for. Keep making use of the opportunities to earn extra and the more you put into a career here, the higher the chance you will have to progress further. Thanks again.

Very good
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Haydock31 July 2019
I've worked at initial for 7 months and I wanted a good reliable wage and to work in a friendly environment witch initial washrooms have more then provided me I would recommend initial to anyone.
7 August 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a five-star review. I'm really glad that we've ticked the right boxes for you so far. As a delivery driver, the job gets better the more experienced you are, so keep working away and you could see that wage increase through grading!

Marketing Manager

Brilliant company to work for
Delivery Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire31 July 2019
Iv been working for the company for 3 months training was brilliant got informed very quickly on products and helped build my knowledge on what the company does. Good salary for the job that I do. Good bonus schemes. They got me to do my level 2 very quickly so I can get hands on. I
Pros
Good salary. Job secrety. Hoof planning
Cons
Can be long hours if not planned
7 August 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a five-star review. It's great to hear that you were brought up to speed so quickly with the knowledge required for the job and that you are already making the most of the extras you can add to your monthly pay.

The longer you are in the role, the better equipped you will be to take advantage of these benefits and the stronger planning ability you will have to make sure you finish on time. Good luck with the rest of your first year with us.

Good Company to Work For
Customer service representive (Current Employee) –  Haydock, Merseyside31 July 2019
I have worked for the company for 6 months now, I have just passed my level 2 cdr training course. Before this I worked in cash in transit that was long hours and rubbish pay for the job itself. Since joining Initial washrooms I have a healthy work life balance, friendly collueges and management are very understanding and helpful. Lots of opportunities for progression with the company.
Pros
Good hours, decent pay, bonuses
7 August 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a five-star review. Congratulations on passing your level two training course, I am sure you are enjoying the benefits both in your job and the extra income! We're pleased to have you as you are to be with us. I'm particularly pleased to hear you have a good work/life balance, this is important in any job within the company. Good luck with your venture towards level three!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) –  Dudley, West Midlands30 July 2019
I really love working here, I have a team that helps me and I help them in return. It's a great atmosphere. I'm being heavily encouraged to get better at my job through training.
Pros
Free parking
7 August 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a five-star review. By the sounds of it, you have a great team atmosphere in Dudley, we try our best to create a family atmosphere where everyone helps each other. Keep taking those learning opportunities as this will not only improve your current performance but prepare you for future challenges. Thanks again.

Cleaning
Cleaner part time (Former Employee) –  Staffordshire26 July 2019
I loved work for them . Very well organised , nice staff and management. Nice places for work and good wages. Any problem you have they help you ASAP.
7 August 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a five-star review. You have provided plenty of positive comments that we really appreciate, particularly the speed in which we respond - we pride ourselves on our excellent level of customer service. It's great to hear you got on so well with your colleagues whilst you were here. Good luck for the future and thanks again.

Rating
Technician (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside26 July 2019
Good decent place to work I have worked for other pest control companys and these are the most proffessional, the only downside is where you have to stay when you come away for training Good good good lads the technicians
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Hard work
7 August 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a five-star review. I'm glad we strike the right balance with you between creating a family atmosphere and being a professional outfit.

I hope your disappointment with accommodation was a one-off, we do try and accommodate travelling colleagues comfortably where we can. I will raise this point at my next management meeting. Keep up the good work.

Good education
Technician (Current Employee) –  Fife26 July 2019
Very good education and good tutor. It makes you love the company and all training that is provided. The revision was good practice for all the tests.
Good
Good
7 August 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a five-star review. You've singled out our training, a big part of the investment we make in our colleagues. It sounds as if you've done well in your qualifications whilst here and credit to you for the effort you have put in. I hope this has left you well-equipped to carry out the more challenging parts of your role. Keep learning!

Good Company
Pest Control Technician (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London26 July 2019
Strongly recommend the company. It's hard work but your paid for that. Often rewarded for your hard work. Which means alot..shows your appreciated. If you want to excel in your career I would strongly agree joining.
7 August 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a five-star review. We absolutely recognise that some of the work as a technician is not for the faint-hearted, but many enjoy the rigours of the job and you are completely right, we pay you based on how well you do! Those that work hard and prove themselves can progress through the company. Thanks again.

Great work place environment
Pest Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Chelsea, Greater London26 July 2019
All aspects of the company is very hard to find now days, really happy with the company. Very good for experience, and a well rounded company. Work is completely different each and every day.
7 August 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a five-star review. It's really important for some people that they have variety in their day-to-day working environment, it's great to hear you enjoy that aspect of your job amongst others. We'll do our utmost to continue to support you and keep up the good work!

Marketing Manager

Productive fun and safe working environment
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham23 July 2019
Rentokil initial praises itself on its hygiene and high quality of cleanliness throughout the entire factory making it one of the most safest working environment through my entire working experience
Pros
Free tea or coffee
25 July 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a five-star review. This is the first time I've seen teas and coffees on the company make their way into a review, you must really enjoy this perk! I'm really pleased to hear that you feel you're in a safe working environment as it's a key priority for this company - everyone goes home safe. Great to hear from you.

I love initial
Territory Cdr (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands16 July 2019
Been with initial a very long time, great people, can’t fault the place what so ever
Pros
Rewards, flexible
Cons
Early mornings ( my choice )
19 July 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a five-star review. Early mornings are your choice as a Service Driver, which means you end your day earlier too, lucky you! We love a review from those who have been with us a long time, you will have seen our continued improvement on how we do things over the years. It's great to hear that you enjoy the flexibility and the rewards on offer for doing a good job.

We're glad to have you with us and keep up the good work!

Not the best place
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Yorkshire14 July 2019
Very demanding workload for the money. Long hours and too many apps to use during the working day. A lot of out of hours work required at not much more than standard hourly rate (anywhere between 7pm and 3am) these do need doing too. Jobs sold with unrealistic timeframes. Certain surveyors way oversell jobs to clients just to make more money for themselves but as a technician it’s your name on the report not theirs. Also has an extremely unrealistic bonus scheme....basically don’t ever expect a bonus at all. Look at the smaller pest company’s if this is what you want to do and avoid the larger ones.
Pros
Great team of people
Cons
Long hours, low pay and unrealistic bonus targets.
19 July 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am sorry to hear you have not enjoyed your working experience overall with us.

We do appreciate that our company is not the right fit for everyone and our technicians do work demanding hours at times and are rewarded with overtime. The majority of our pest control technicians manage to hit targets and the bonuses and incentives that arrive with a good performance.

If you want to work hard to earn more and to achieve in a company through progression, there is no better company to join than Rentokil Initial UK, regardless of which sector you are interested in.

I'm glad to hear that you got on well with your colleagues and enjoyed the close-knit team atmosphere we try to create.

The comments you have made on unrealistic timeframes and overselling of jobs is noted and will be raised at the next management meeting. Thanks again.

Marketing Manager

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rentokil Initial. Our community is ready to answer.