Rentokil Initial
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Rentokil Initial Employee Review

4 April 2012
I have found working for a Worldwide Company was very challenging. Even though I had been in the Industry for 20yrs+ I was able to learn more about Fumigations, the chemicals used, Ministry of Forestry regulations and Interaction with NZ Customs.Rentokil Initial fumigation department was a great team of people to work with, we all respected each others needs, we made sure that all problems were solved amicably, had Monthly Health and Safety meetings, serviced any problems with equipment, and vehicles.Our Operations Manager was a very open minded person always taking into consideration those with families but also when he had to pull the rope in so to speak, then he would. OPS Manager always surveyed what we were doing, and what/where our technicians were at all times. We were able to speak to him on a personal level as well as professional, so all in all I loved my job as Service Co-ordinator.
Pros
working as a team, and making sure all areas covered, focused team, focused office staff.
Cons
to open building and get my team on the road, one of the last to leave but, was never a problem
15 July 2018
Account Manager (Former Employee) - Lower North Island
This was a great place to work when I first started with the company. There was an amazing sales and branch manager for the LNI and the culture reflected his leadership. Hard working with great sales and fantastic rewards accompanied by a family, fun and caring environment. It was a real joy to jump out of bed each morning and go to work doing a job i loved surrounded by happy colleges and wonderful management. Unfortunately that changed during my time with the company and the new leader tried to get performance through fear! A real shame as this echoed throughout the company very quickly and you became just a number unless you were in "just the right circles" By the time I left there were a lot of things kept quiet that did not reflect on the company well in both the employees eyes nor the public's should they have been published. Personal agendas and profits above and beyond came into play rather than safety and ethics first. Unfortunately there were more and more staff taking stress leave and sick leave due to this culture change. A real shame for a company that had a wonderful reputation as an employer for so long.
Pros
Good safe company vehicles, great customers, nice lunch break rooms
Cons
Long hours, loads of stress, lots of travel, bad sales management
  1. Great social network, team players, recognition of performances, advancement in positions, rewarded for job well done, blooper rewards