Restaurant Brands Employee Reviews

Sketchy
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Whangarei, Northland31 October 2018
Managers rules were arbritrary. Met former workers in public settings and they said it was an awful place to work.

When the area manager or CEO would show up, the toxic environment would stop and then start back up again as soon as they'd left. They've also cut my hours for 3 weeks and I have been told by countless staff that I was their scapegoat.
Pros
Food on a half hour shift, free uniform, extra hours, helpful staff
Cons
Pettiness, despotic management, micromanaging, narcissistic leadership, mobbing, machiavellianism.
Favourtism
KFC employee (Former Employee) –  Papatoetoe, Auckland4 April 2018
Although it has been a while since i last worked at KFC, when i was an employee there was definitely a strong presence of favoritism from the South Auckland area manager with certain employees. That ultimately determined my decision to move on.
busy work place and kind people
Wash dishes (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, Auckland5 February 2018
They have a really busy work environment but people there are patient and kind to teach me when i was learning and I learned a lot and had a lot of new experience!
amazing place to work
Team Member (Front of House) (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland21 January 2018
while working with restaurant brands i develop a great customer service skills. i love working there. great work culture supportive staff and manager.
Standard Burger Flipping
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, Waikato7 January 2018
Working at KFC wasn't too difficult, just sometimes very stressful if the customer horde was relentless or we were out of some random product that night like brown bags or lettuce or whatever. Do apply if you need money and like eating KFC, don't if you want to actually go places in your life and not be embarrassed every time someone you knew from high school pops in.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Sometimes felt like I was the only one who cared about quality
best place to work for students
Duty Manager (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Christchurch, Canterbury18 December 2017
This job enabled me in managing my time more efficiently. Communication with customers improves my people skills. Working as a duty manager I oversee the maintenance and overall safety procedure of the premise. I provide direction and management to the staff and maintain the stock control throughout my shifts.
Always short staffed
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Rotorua26 September 2017
Always short staffed, verbally abusive staff. Long hours. Expected to stay longer than your agreed shift. Sometimes don’t get breaks and have to be able to deal with abusive staff
Pros
Free meal on breaks
Cons
Great job and happy to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland18 July 2017
I am really proud to say that iam working in pizza hut
Pizzz hut is great restaurant all over the world
We are making delicious pizza.
We are best pizza maker all over the world
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Great time
Fun but need alot of energy
Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  Ellerslie, Auckland3 April 2017
Love serving customers and built strong bonds with some. Staff are good easy to communicate with and get along. Love our store manager he's really good with interacting with staff especially understanding staff no matter the age differences and cultural differences. its nice to work in a diversed cultured work place.
Pros
Improved skills of cooking/making
Cons
Rate
Productive and good working Environment
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Penrose, Auckland11 February 2017
Since I was working for a while with this company I really enjoy the working environment, co-ordination, friendliness among each other.
Productive and great workplace
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Penrose, Auckland17 January 2017
Typical day at work consists of responding to emails from the companies distributors and customers. Solving complaints from unsatisfied customers about their food orders.

I learned many things from Restaurant Brands. Everyday I got to learn new things about the company and one of them is that they manage and look after 4 different restaurants all around New Zealand.

Management was great, got along well with all of the managers.

Co-workers were very friendly and very welcoming.

Hardest part of the job would be sometimes the heavy work load which I managed to do very well.

I enjoyed problem solving complaints we got from customers. It made me feel accomplished. As long as the customer was happy, so was I.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Location too far away
Company had good values
Restaurant Manager - KFC (Former Employee) –  Auckland New Zealand2 October 2016
I loved the customer service side and working with a great team.

There were very high expectations for giving customers a great experience and I love this.

Staff are able to get National Qualifications while working... ("Earn while you learn").
Pros
Working with a team, customer service.
Cons
Constant short staff issues.
good place to work
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland16 May 2016
as i have volunteer experience. it became little bit easy to work there. but the work culture was so good and the management was really good. they train there staff very well.
Fast pace environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New Lynn, Auckland12 November 2015
Worked for 6 months.Learned new skills.
Most enjoyable part of the job was to work along with colleagues from different culture and nationality.Also learning new skills from them.
Pros
Learned new skills
Cons
No staff benefits
Was okay
Team member (Former Employee) –  glenfield mall8 July 2015
it was always very fast paced.
very hectic and full on.
I learned to adapt to any position.
it was a great team environment as you learn to work together.
hard work but rewardinfg results
(KFC) Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  auckland30 June 2015
very difficult job as the culture is tough to crack but we hit the results and the team bonded together.

long days

learned a lot about hte industry

senior management were averse to change

co-workers got on board for the direction we needed to go

hardest part was the kpi's there were so many it was difficult ot hit one without missing another

enjoyable part was seeing the team progress to the level it did
its fun
Customer service/all star team member (Current Employee) –  auckland airport21 June 2015
when we have rush hours at work is when we see how good our team work is most times . i have learned almost everything about kfc ..what to do, what not to do.. the hardest part of the job id the closing time and were short staffed. all staff are very friendly and helpful.the most enjoyable part of the job is when we greet customers and take their order and giving out their order as fast as possible.
Pros
we get free staff meals
Cons
over time and short staffed
Fast and hard place to work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Lincon Road Henderson31 March 2015
Ariiving early and setting up the restaurant for the day Packing bread buns etc away
prep potatoe and gravry., peas, corn on a cob , popcorn chicken , chips,
Management was easy to on with enjoy every think i learnt there
My co-worker i got along with each and every one of them Most of them where younger then me
At the time the hardest part for me was front counter as cashier but over the past few years working front counter is just another thing to me I have got over that shyness now
I enjoyed every day that i work at KFC lincon road I would take on extra shifts if anyone didnt turn up for work
Pros
free drink
very bad place to work
Till, cook , trainee supervisor (Former Employee) –  KFC south auckland26 March 2015
Worked for this company for 3 years, most of us didn't get paid right and was always working for free due to CPH (customers per hour) so they will always cut our hours down. To much relatives/friends working together so there was a lot of drama, most of the team members were great and there was a great culture. Management took advantage of the staff, I was always stepping into supervising roles not qualified or working by myself in the front and back making burgers, dropping chips.
Pros
discounted food
Cons
wont get paid right always working for free, staff memebrs are to much drama, management sucked.
Busy and productive
Crew Member, Carl's Jr (Former Employee) –  Auckland, N14 December 2014
Typically worked 4-8 hours a day, but two days a week. Management was biased, and the more favored employees were first for more hours. I got along easily with most of my co workers, and they made working there fun. The best part of the job was making a customers day, or serving regular customers. The most stressing part was being short staffed.
Pros
Free combo during our half hour break, only if we had worked more than 4 hours that day.
Cons
Unscheduled early starts, or late finishes.