Restaurant Brands
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Restaurant Brands Employee Reviews

3.4Work–Life Balance

Fun place to work

Although most of the time is enjoyable I feel complaints aren't dealt with properly especially serious misconduct violence threatening behaviour by senior staff

Never work here!!

I have been working for KFC for quite some time now, it was good a first until I realised how toxic and fake the environment/ coworkers were. Managers choose who to favourite & who to put all this load of work on. They have ‘gangs’ & are always the ones doing nothing. They sign you up for shifts you did not agree on & when you don’t show up for those unagreed shifts they give you are warning & coaching notes. Definitely not a good place to work or make friends, everyone is fake despite how long you’ve known them for.

Pros

Free food I always made myself

Cons

Toxic area

Do not work here

Working at KFC is the worst mistake you will ever make trust me. Managers hate everyone and don't give you your breaks and they pay incorrectly. They sign you up for shifts you didn't agree to. Co-workers are supposed to train you whilst doing their job which is impossible because you always have to be fast. You get growled when making mistakes instead of being taught how to not make that mistake. It is just an overall very stressful and exhausting place to work and the money is definitely not worth the money. If you call in sick you have to pick up another the next day and they don't believe you. It is a very bad place.

Pros

free brugers that I stole

Cons

no breaks, rude co workers, bad training, bad managemnet

Terrible upper management

Take advantage of young people. Work more = work money. It’s more like slave labour getting them to do everything while they sit and scream at you to go faster. Don’t care about quality of food just speed of service

Part Timer employee

Even though my contract was for a part time employee I was getting full time hours which was great in high school. However, like in every business there is always room for improvement. One thing I can say is that they always hire great people which make all the negatives invisible because when the work environment is fun, it doesn't even feel like your working.

Awesome

Enjoyed, everything people atmosphere management. Days were okay, evening were exciting. I enjoyed watching customers enjoy the food I prepared then cooked

Productive and Fun place to work at

I really enjoyed the short time I worked here. I fell pregnant so this is why i left. I loved how its a diverse environment. All my colleagues were outgoing as well as the managers. I will definitely work here again.

fun to work with the team and enjoying training and developing the managers, supervisors and team members in my area of responsibility.

It was a good experienced and learning to work with the team as well as managing and developing other business partners (Franchisee), seeing them growing their business and helping them to comply with training requirements as well as complying with the company standards and requirements. I really enjoyed seeing the career growth of the people within the respective area and together, delivering and achieving the results desired for the job. I really enjoyed travelling and visiting business partners all over the South island and working with each managers and franchisees to achieve their target and business objectives.

Pros

flexible time, company car

Cons

job security and advancement

Poor Management

Always understaffed. No support from area management. Beware of working at pizza Hut you will get no support from upper management and you will be left own your own. And will be held accountable for errors by upper management. And if you are good in politics this is the right job for you

Pros

You learn diplomacy

Cons

You will start hating yourself for accusations from upper management

Poor head office management

When I worked at KFC none of the head office team had, had any previous experience of working on the front line in the fast food industry, which I believe is the root cause of all issues, experienced by both store staff and customers in KFC.

Pros

Cons

Constant short staffing, poor head office support.

Sketchy

Managers rules were arbritrary. Met former workers in public settings and they said it was an awful place to work. When the area manager or CEO would show up, the toxic environment would stop and then start back up again as soon as they'd left. They've also cut my hours for 3 weeks and I have been told by countless staff that I was their scapegoat.

Pros

Food on a half hour shift, free uniform, extra hours, helpful staff

Cons

Pettiness, despotic management, micromanaging, narcissistic leadership, mobbing, machiavellianism.

Profitable Company with Growth desires.

Representing iconic brands, the company has a real desire to continue growth through SSG and acquisition. Additional investment in structures, systems and process will need to be undertaken to implement the strategy. Overall a good company to work for.

Favourtism

Although it has been a while since i last worked at KFC, when i was an employee there was definitely a strong presence of favoritism from the South Auckland area manager with certain employees. That ultimately determined my decision to move on.

busy work place and kind people

They have a really busy work environment but people there are patient and kind to teach me when i was learning and I learned a lot and had a lot of new experience!

amazing place to work

while working with restaurant brands i develop a great customer service skills. i love working there. great work culture supportive staff and manager.

Standard Burger Flipping

Working at KFC wasn't too difficult, just sometimes very stressful if the customer horde was relentless or we were out of some random product that night like brown bags or lettuce or whatever. Do apply if you need money and like eating KFC, don't if you want to actually go places in your life and not be embarrassed every time someone you knew from high school pops in.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Sometimes felt like I was the only one who cared about quality

Always want to work done in one time and like to work in team.

I want to like work with interest and every time i gave my hundred percent dedication. Like to help each other and believing teamwork. Never compromise any unacceptable condition.

best place to work for students

This job enabled me in managing my time more efficiently. Communication with customers improves my people skills. Working as a duty manager I oversee the maintenance and overall safety procedure of the premise. I provide direction and management to the staff and maintain the stock control throughout my shifts.

Always short staffed

Always short staffed, verbally abusive staff. Long hours. Expected to stay longer than your agreed shift. Sometimes don’t get breaks and have to be able to deal with abusive staff

Pros

Free meal on breaks

Cons

Great job and happy to work

I am really proud to say that iam working in pizza hut Pizzz hut is great restaurant all over the world We are making delicious pizza. We are best pizza maker all over the world

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Great time

Fun but need alot of energy

Love serving customers and built strong bonds with some. Staff are good easy to communicate with and get along. Love our store manager he's really good with interacting with staff especially understanding staff no matter the age differences and cultural differences. its nice to work in a diversed cultured work place.

Pros

Improved skills of cooking/making

Cons

Rate

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Restaurant Brands. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Restaurant Brands
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?