Restaurant Brands
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Restaurant Brands Employee Reviews

New Zealand31 reviews
Even though my contract was for a part time employee I was getting full time hours which was great in high school. However, like in every business there is always room for improvement. One thing I can say is that they always hire great people which make all the negatives invisible because when the work environment is fun, it doesn't even feel like your working.
Take advantage of young people. Work more = work money. It’s more like slave labour getting them to do everything while they sit and scream at you to go faster. Don’t care about quality of food just speed of service
Enjoyed, everything people atmosphere management. Days were okay, evening were exciting. I enjoyed watching customers enjoy the food I prepared then cooked
I really enjoyed the short time I worked here. I fell pregnant so this is why i left. I loved how its a diverse environment. All my colleagues were outgoing as well as the managers. I will definitely work here again.
It was a good experienced and learning to work with the team as well as managing and developing other business partners (Franchisee), seeing them growing their business and helping them to comply with training requirements as well as complying with the company standards and requirements.

I really enjoyed seeing the career growth of the people within the respective area and together, delivering and achieving the results desired for the job.

I really enjoyed travelling and visiting business partners all over the South island and working with each managers and franchisees to achieve their target and business objectives.
Pros
flexible time, company car
Cons
job security and advancement
Always understaffed. No support from area management.

Beware of working at pizza Hut you will get no support from upper management and you will be left own your own.

And will be held accountable for errors by upper management.

And if you are good in politics this is the right job for you
Pros
You learn diplomacy
Cons
You will start hating yourself for accusations from upper management
When I worked at KFC none of the head office team had, had any previous experience of working on the front line in the fast food industry, which I believe is the root cause of all issues, experienced by both store staff and customers in KFC.
Pros
Cons
Constant short staffing, poor head office support.
Managers rules were arbritrary. Met former workers in public settings and they said it was an awful place to work.

When the area manager or CEO would show up, the toxic environment would stop and then start back up again as soon as they'd left. They've also cut my hours for 3 weeks and I have been told by countless staff that I was their scapegoat.
Pros
Food on a half hour shift, free uniform, extra hours, helpful staff
Cons
Pettiness, despotic management, micromanaging, narcissistic leadership, mobbing, machiavellianism.
Representing iconic brands, the company has a real desire to continue growth through SSG and acquisition. Additional investment in structures, systems and process will need to be undertaken to implement the strategy. Overall a good company to work for.
Although it has been a while since i last worked at KFC, when i was an employee there was definitely a strong presence of favoritism from the South Auckland area manager with certain employees. That ultimately determined my decision to move on.
They have a really busy work environment but people there are patient and kind to teach me when i was learning and I learned a lot and had a lot of new experience!
while working with restaurant brands i develop a great customer service skills. i love working there. great work culture supportive staff and manager.
Working at KFC wasn't too difficult, just sometimes very stressful if the customer horde was relentless or we were out of some random product that night like brown bags or lettuce or whatever. Do apply if you need money and like eating KFC, don't if you want to actually go places in your life and not be embarrassed every time someone you knew from high school pops in.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Sometimes felt like I was the only one who cared about quality
I want to like work with interest and every time i gave my hundred percent dedication. Like to help each other and believing teamwork. Never compromise any unacceptable condition.
This job enabled me in managing my time more efficiently. Communication with customers improves my people skills. Working as a duty manager I oversee the maintenance and overall safety procedure of the premise. I provide direction and management to the staff and maintain the stock control throughout my shifts.
Always short staffed, verbally abusive staff. Long hours. Expected to stay longer than your agreed shift. Sometimes don’t get breaks and have to be able to deal with abusive staff
Pros
Free meal on breaks
Cons
I am really proud to say that iam working in pizza hut
Pizzz hut is great restaurant all over the world

We are making delicious pizza.

We are best pizza maker all over the world
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Great time
Love serving customers and built strong bonds with some. Staff are good easy to communicate with and get along. Love our store manager he's really good with interacting with staff especially understanding staff no matter the age differences and cultural differences. its nice to work in a diversed cultured work place.
Pros
Improved skills of cooking/making
Cons
Rate
Since I was working for a while with this company I really enjoy the working environment, co-ordination, friendliness among each other.
Typical day at work consists of responding to emails from the companies distributors and customers. Solving complaints from unsatisfied customers about their food orders.

I learned many things from Restaurant Brands. Everyday I got to learn new things about the company and one of them is that they manage and look after 4 different restaurants all around New Zealand.

Management was great, got along well with all of the managers.

Co-workers were very friendly and very welcoming.

Hardest part of the job would be sometimes the heavy work load which I managed to do very well.

I enjoyed problem solving complaints we got from customers. It made me feel accomplished. As long as the customer was happy, so was I.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Location too far away
well was really enjoyed i started as a team leader, but everyday had something new to learn .. by the time everything was getting so fast that i learn alot there after i started implementing my skill to customer service, quality and staffing.