Ricoh
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Ricoh Employee Reviews

Showing all 4,663 reviews
Enjoyed learning most of my customer service from here. My co-workers were the best part of going to work. Most enjoyable part of my day was making customers smile from the work ethics i put into my tasks.
For a large company it was a real nice place to work. I switched careers from a Senior Service Tech for 10 years to Sales. A great move on my part. Left Ricoh for more money at a smaller family owned business.
The BS sites are not at all a friendly place to work most of their employees are rude and management is very incompetent and upper management has no clue of what's going on around them.
Pros
No pros
Cons
While my coworkers were outstanding, management is severely misguided. The end user is their only priority. Their mission statement does not reflect the culture. I witnessed first hand favoritism over seniority. End users would request me to work at their site, I had nothing but positive feedback from the key contacts and yet I was laid off. My peers in the same position as me where kept on board. I was deceived by management. They strung me along and ultimately let me go. I never had any corrective action or write ups. If you voice your opinion, ask questions or challenge management to see a different perspective you will be shunned. Stay far, far away.
Pros
Great coworkers and end users
Cons
To be successful one must find ways to get the tools to get the job done. This can be tricky, because the company is so regimented. The company demands that you follow their rules, but are slow to hand out useful resources so employee can get the job done right.The company seems to be very interested in making a sale, but not as interested in customer service.
Pros
40 hour work week
Cons
Poor Management and poorly trainned staff.
Many people see Ricoh as a stepping stone into the job market. The job is decent but the management flounders. l'm not sure why this is but they were punishing the techs for management decisions. The management is always right and the techs are always wrong. Teams have a good working relationship most of the time but the company policies don't make a lot of sense. It often gave me the impression that upper management didn't know what they were doing. Customer tools for the office environment were excellent but internal tools for doing the job were subpar like the management was easily bullied by sales reps and didn't take the time to see if the tools worked well for us. The climate often felt like "business as usual" no matter how many climate surveys we did.
Pros
Work hours were set-no over time without authorization, lots of vacation time, pay was decent
Cons
Extreme micromanagement, numerous conflicts in management decisions, subpar internal tools for productivity, not enough OJT
I have been with the company for over 10 years. Though there was a boom following the last recession of new customers, there has been a constant loss of 1 to 2 customers per year over the past 4 years. Some of this is due to the staff on site, but most of this is due to failures from the sales teams to billing to management. But this is lost on the corporate side. They see numbers and manpower but not people. They preach professional growth but do not follow through. I know, because I have asked, poked, talked and yelled for professional growth. And all I received has been false words. All bark and no bite. In regards to employees, it is MISS or hit. Local management hires similar minds, or people that do not try to change the status quo. The more talented, intelligent, hard working employees are lost through the cracks, forgotten to burn out, blow up, or leave. And the pay is abysmal for what is asked and how understaffed your location can be. I have an undergrad degree and do not even break $20/hr. But the logistical issues, lack of staffing, mismanagement, and otherwise borderline unethical tomfoolery should have me paid at least double that.
Cons
Underpaid, mismanaged, forgotten on-site employees, not professional growth
It's not worth it. Retail pays better (I've worked here for several years and Target pays $15 while we get just under $12). The pay raises are terrible. Management is horrendous. If you aren't one of their favorites, you get treated terribly. No one cares about health or safety either, and some site locations are covid hotspots.You'll be stressed out and annoyed on a day to day basis by mundane tasks, or unimportant goals/things outside of your job description that are placed upon you randomly and for no reason at all. Some of the regular workers are friendly, but outdated and insensitive remarks tend to be unfortunate commonplace amongst the older members of staff.
Pros
empty buildings if you're lucky
Cons
pay, terrible management, terrible handling of health and safety
Pay & benefitsPay not enough to support a familyJob security and advancementThey talk advancement but it us all talk.OverallDon't pay enough. Talk and encourage advancement, but when you try to advance they hold you back. Say they want you to cross train with dept but when you ask about getting it, it never comes.
Organization wants everyone to succeed. Team shares ideas and thoughts. You are held accountable. Overall great company to work for. Growth opportunities available.
Ricoh's managers suck. They are afraid of employees knowing to much and fear for their positions in the company... My direct manager had to make up an issue to get me fired. But also forgot that when I was at home with a 100 degree temperature he had someone come get me to work that day.
Cons
Management turns on you.
I was at ricoh for 20 years and loved it till a new supervisor came and made my life unbearable, ricoh took his side after I complained about him on a number of things. I even reduced my working days to 4 days a week to avoid him.my work/health became affected.so I decided to leave after 20 years with them,my mental health was more important than ricoh
Pros
Nice clean place, money was good
Cons
Not been believed in
Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Ricoh is no great at allPay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Ricoh are fairJob security and advancementIn terms of job security at Ricoh, I think it is awesomeManagementIn general, managers at Ricoh are very disconnected from the staffCultureCollaboration with my colleagues at Ricoh is greatOverallMy experience working at Ricoh is wonderful
Some departments do next to nothing and won't assist
Pros
Free coffee, decent benefits, good people
Cons
Head office calls the shots, even though their performance is worst, Conference calls where you are ridiculed in front of all management, When you are correct and they're wrong or uninformed.
I can say that this is/was an interesting working moment. I gave my rating because the job itself starts off ok since you're learning the ropes...However that begins to quickly fade once you begin to fully work work.. Between the team and management (before new management arrived) the experience was/is horrible. When you think you can go to upper senior for help, but don't ask for help when they are finished with their work because they think you are interrupting them. You're better off learning a few things on your own. There is a lot of gossip so please be careful of what you say to some "co-workers" because your words will get twisted around and next thing you know your in the office with a manager. Instead of an individual talking with you first to solve an issue. Overall if you find something better than this place, please run towards the better option. Also please check in advance with a recruiter or the company about how many people are being hired for a role...
Pros
Meeting a few good co-workers, lunch break
Cons
Management false advertisement, lack of communication between team, toxic team work environment, no room for advancement
I loved working for this company. My boss was the best teacher and made sure you knew what you were doing. An excellent work environment and room to grow!
Pros
Great pay, time Off, great work to life balance
Cons
This is a failing company, mostly due to old school management. They do not listen to employees or customers. Company is lucky to be surviving right now. Do not work here
Pros
Cons
bad management
This company doesn't care about their employees. Lots of favoritism. No matter how loyal you are to this company, they have none to the employees. You can be there for years and not get the deserved respect. That is one of the reasons of the high turnover rate.
Unrealistic expectations of the sales staff. Turned into a boiler room telemarketing job, low pay, expensive healthcare and the product you are selling they can't deliver. Sales managers have no knowledge of the products or the processes and can't help you. The Directors (3) and the VP of Sales are totally disconnected from the sales staff and don't listen to valid concerns that drive revenue, increase profits and keep quality sales people on staff. Bottom line they are a broken operation with no direction or desire to fix the problem. Advise to Middle management is to step up to the plate! Make your sales managers accountable for supporting your sales teams or provide sales support to them. You have to invest in supporting your sales staff in order to achieve success. If I had one of my sales reps go to a manager for help and they said they didn't know and walked away, I would say they are in the wrong position. How can you manage a team of sales reps and not know how to do the job yourself! To the Directors and the VP of Sales...start putting qualified managers in place instead of the "guy you like." The "guy you like" doesn't always do what makes you look good nor is he qualified to "LEAD" a team to success!
Pros
The people you work with - can't do the job without them
Cons
Lack of processes - prevents you from doing your job
The co workers (most) were outstanding. But then they had the lame butt kissers. They would make stuff up, and the bad managers (most all managers were bad) would threaten to write you up or call HR. HR sided with management, even if you had proof. Management would constantly violate the company's principals and code of ethics. Nothing would be done about it.
Pros
Co workers, 2 or 3 outstanding managers/management team.
Cons
Fight you about time off, accidental overtime, being at an account too long, ordering parts, parts system broken, chain of command unclear.
Management wasn't the best. Communication wasn't so good either no balance. Only thing that made it good working there was my co-workers. Had to fix a lot of managements mistakes and would get no credit.
  1. Employee Reviews