Rio Tinto
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Rio Tinto:

Rio Tinto Employee Reviews

Management is always rotating and creates stress down to the floor. Lots of pressure to perform. RioTinto like their numbers. Very good team. Development schooling is great. Pay and benefits are some what competitive. Rio Tinto Alcan would be an excellent place to work for Unionized. Lower staff is not recognized.
Pros
Stable work, great people
Cons
Poor work life balance
Please I really need find some hours for the sake of my grandkids. I believe we'll I know I be valuable worker, efficient self motivated. I have high housekeeping standards of all equipment and utilise and operate all equipment at maximum manufacturers specs with minimal down time while achieving maximum production with little or no downtime.
Thankyou have great day
Work-life balance
Work-life balance at Rio Tinto is ok

Pay & benefits

My pay and benefits at Rio Tinto are not good

Job security and advancement

In terms of job security at Rio Tinto, I think you will always be looking over your shoulder unless you apart of the good ole boy crew.

In general, managers at Rio Tinto are yes men.

Collaboration with my colleagues at Rio Tinto is could have been better.

Overall

My experience working at Rio Tinto was to live, learn and move on.
Management intentionally harass staff in order to control them. This company actively practices organisational brain washing. The whole show is as crooked as a dogs hind leg.
Pros
Money, Roster
Cons
Poor management, toxic culture
Had a great time working with this group, they were all very professional, and helpful when we had questions! Only there for short shut down, wish it was longer.
Job security is one reason I was employed with Rio tinto for so long, how ever what started out as a family friendly business slowly turned into a more ruthless approach towards its employees, with management refusing to make a decision on certain issues and using HR as mechanism to get their desired outcome with sometimes detrimental effects on the employees, technological advancements saw a large up skill of employees which sets people up for a changing future in the
Pros
Ok money, secure, up skilled
Cons
Lowest paying in mining giants, and not family friendly.
This place was run both muppets. Internal fighting between departments and a lack of understanding of basic principals of management by this place was a sorry and actually sad think to see
● Work-life balance
Very high stress environment. Not open to women succeeding.

● Culture

Very high stress environment.

● Overall

Poor management staff in Boron. Not open to women in management. Good ok boys club. Very stuck in how it’s always been and tried that before. Would not recommend.
My team are nice to work with. Some of the team work harder than others. But I have found that in every Office that I have worked. There is always a select few that go above and beyond.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Rio Tinto?
Good work environment! Clear goal defined each year and quarterly review to follow up progress.
Good team work spirit and open communication. Weekly team meeting encourages Exchange ideas, issues.
Pros
Good pension plan
Cons
Meet deadline as the result of long hours
Rio Tinto is slow in the pass out process on machines and some of the material is not easy to decipher . An RPL does not mean anything to them even when you give them proof of prior operation and provide skill tickets . Their processes are rediculous.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Bad management. Self indulgent. Only looking out for friends and relatives.
Nepotism rife. If you have a relative who works there you have a 100 percent chance of getting a job. If not, bad luck, You need to submit a formal resume' endure long interviews to prove your worth and then maybe you get an opportunity to get the job. Unlike the nepo's. they just walk in without any prior knowledge or experience and get the job.

Pros
fly out day
Cons
working with nepos
Uneori, depinzand de locul de munca, unele zile pot fi mai incarcate decat altele, dar asta e partea care face viata mai interesanta.
Eu nu sunt angajat permanenet ci pe contract, nu am beneficiile unui angajat, dar relatiile interpersonale nu tin cont de asta. Toata lumea trateaza cu respect, profesional si in mod civilizat. In tot ceea ce facem, safety e pe primul loc, in office si in the field. Avem team building, activitati sponsorizate de companie unde ne intalnim si cu alti angajati cu care nu lucram in mod direct. Acum, cu Covid-19, compania a aratat multa flexibilitate si a tinut pe aproape toata lumea sa lucreze de acasa. Nu a concediat pe nimeni. Acum, partial ne intoarcem la office, dar unii inca lucram de acasa.
Pros
Atmosfer buna si oameni de treaba
Cons
Nu prea ai unde sa mananci ca s-a inchis cafeteria.
excellent training, very precise with staff welfare and extra care to details . less stresses. excellent wages. good accommodation
friendly staff and excellent and easy recruitment process.
One of the best organizations that I have worked for. Lots of developmental opportunities for its employees. Good pay and benefits and excellent management.
Très bonne expérience ; environnement multiculturel où l'être humain est mis en valeur ,est très respecté et où la sécurité , au travail,est le leitmotiv numéro 1.
Je recommande très fortement cette entreprise.
Working at Rio Tinto, Bundoora was an incredibly fast-paced ordeal with 60-hour weeks, but it was also a highly rewarding role where all team members were constantly updated on the progress of the project and how their efforts were being well-received. Staff morale was also very high because everyone was encouraged to look out for each other's mental and physical well-being.

Overall, it was not a role for the faint-hearted, but it was one I would recommend to an ambitious graduate seeking a fresh start in a chemical engineering role.
Nous avons une très belle collaboration de nos chef pour ce qui est de l'amélioration des outils de travail pour effectuer des tâches spécial comme les travaux des pattes de traction sur les tours de déchargement au bord de l'eau fait designer une pattes fixe pour éliminer les beams de bois / travaux sur le fumas a UGS acheter des coussins gonflable pour le lever a hauteur de 5 pieds pour réparation du plancher etc etc
Le salaire est très attrayant. Les tâches sont cependant répétitives et peu stimulantes.
Gym good, need down time, basketball area, recreation area, rooms pretty clean, friendly group of people everyone saying hi, we all try and get the job done
Not a good company to work for. Even worse if you're a female. The culture in some areas is the worst I have ever endured. Don't get me wrong, there are some great people there but there are far too many 'old school boys' still there who are more in 'protect their job' mode than want to do the right thing. HR will listen but does nothing.

If you want to do the right thing and wanted to be treated fairly, this is not the company for you. Some of the behaviours I have seen towards colleagues is disgraceful. Persistent bullying and discrimination. If someone wants to go after you, they can all will only stop when you leave.