Robert Half
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

Robert Half Employee Reviews for Accountant

Accountant338 reviews
I had enjoyed working through Robert Half Temp. Agency. I enjoyed that I can have the opportunities to learn other field of jobs and not just Compliance Specialist or Accounting. I was able to modified the report databased.
Pros
Pays
Cons
That it was only a temporary job not a permanent job
Placement within different industries exposed me to new programs, processes and procedures which have been valuable in expanding my skills. The cons are that some assignments are farther from home than I prefer and little say in not accepting assignments.
Variety of Companies and ability to work at a Manufacturing Company. Very communicative of assignments. Worked well with introducing company that I am interviewing .
Working with Account temps was one of the best experiences I have had with a company. I was able to learn and use my skills in many different companies. I was able to work in different industries. I was a wonderful experiences.
All the HR there works like sales person and we are their products for sale. We work completely independently without instructions. You need to be super self-disciplined and self-motivated person to do well in this company
Each division stands on its own merit. NYC/Orlando extremely good. However, Tampa is more concerned about sealing the deal so they couldn't care wether you and the client are a match or not. Questionable clientele base.
This is a great company! I’ve worked for them on and off for years. Can’t say enough good things about them. They work hard to find the right fit for their customer and candidates
Pros
Too many to name
Cons
Lots of competition
Working as a Salaried Professional, is like going to temporary jobs but having the financial security of a permanent job. I started with a 3 month assignment then went a few weeks later to a one month assignment. If you don't like to feel like part of a group, this is a great position for you. I decided it really isn't the environment I like because I like to feel part of the company and like to have a little input as far as recommending procedures that can improve the job. Also, it is hard to be good at a job within a short period of time - not much time to show how productive you can be. I thought I might like going into a company to help them out in a crisis, but I really never "fit" in, because they knew I was a temp. It's fun to be challenged and meet new people, but it really made me feel like I didn't /couldn't be part of the team in the end. The management at Robert Half ALWAYS are looking out for your best interests. They offer great benefits and the pay is about average.
Extremely professional and throughout insights into my skill sets and matching me to assignments where I have been able to bring these skills to bear for the benefit of the client.
They are a nice resource for when you're between jobs. They don't have a lot in my area; mostly positions within the city. I don't have an accounting degree but they can find something in the accounting/finance area where my skills are needed. Who wants to pay an accountant with a degree when an accountant without a degree can do the same work for way less?
My hours were flexible and for the most part the work environment was satisfactory. I enjoyed working with most of the team members although the job task was not explained properly from the beginning.
Give us your opinion about a typical dat at work, what you learned, management, workplace culture, the hardest part of the job, the most enjoyable part of the job.
I was placed in assignments where the skills the company needed matched my own. Good caring people that had your best interests in mind. The hardest part of the job was switching companies after a few weeks.
Despite many staff changes, I stayed until the end of there assignment..
I am continued as an agent over there and they are looking for new positions.
During my time with Robert Half, I could not have ask to work for a better company while on assignment. However, Robert Half is the company I am reviewing, and my experience with them is limited to the hiring process, ongoing support, benefits/pay, and the resignation process.

So, let's break those down below:

Hiring Process:

Very nice, a lot more professional and respectful than most temp agencies. Very responsive to needs, and interviewed with a position within the week. Also received an assignment within two weeks. No hassle with any necessary documents, and the process was straightforward.

Ongoing Support:

Well, this can vary by each case manager, but I would say that there pretty much is none. You're the product, after all. Expect them to do no more than their legal obligation.

Benefits/Pay:

Great pay for my area, even on the lower end of the spectrum. It was a great way to get my first real start in the industry.

Holidays are unpaid unless you work 2100 hours in the year prior (for full time workers), salary may have different requirements. Please note, in the average work year of 40 hours a week for 52 weeks, a worker will only work 2080 hours. Overtime is frowned upon and is never really approved.

Resignation Process:

Once again, you're the product. They don't care, and will likely speak to your manager before acknowledging your resignation.
Pros
You're employed for a moderately fair wage.
Cons
No job security, not much respect. Do not depend on this company!
Have worked for them for a number of years. Pay is decent and they offer limited benefits. Your contact at the agency checks up with you while on assignment to review the position. Have an ongoing issue with payroll that has not be resolved after 6 months. But I recommend them if you aren’t proficient at networking.
Helped me to obtain temporary employment. Not all jobs that they recommended were a good fit. The last temporary position I took turned into permanent employment.
Placement councilors do not care about the temps & treat them like animals. Don't dare ask to be removed from an abusive client, because they will not placed you again.
Its a good place to work and promote your professional career ambitions. I became more familiar with my abilities as an accountant and was introduced to new challenges.
They keep me pretty busy. They are good at pulling and filling between clients with their own candidates. They know how to match people and assignments for a good fit. They also try to accommodate candidate’s personal interests where possible.
I had a wonderful and exceedingly positive placement experience with Robert Half from start to finish
RH is a shortcut &bridge to Canadian jobs market
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Robert Half. Our community is ready to answer.
4.9K