Royal New Zealand Air Force
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Royal New Zealand Air Force Employee Review

Supportive workplace

1 May 2017
A typical day at work involves building data on excel, maintaining appraisal reports for personnel, electronic record keeping, catering, SAP.

The team I work with are hard working, cheeky, supportive and fun to work with. We are encouraged to meet deadlines and are offered support if we are unable to.

Our director encourages a work life balance as do our senior officers through out the organisation.

Personal and professional development are encouraged.

Gym time is also encouraged, lunch time sports and any form of physical activity is encouraged.

I guess the hardest part of the job is building data for promotion boards running back to back.

The most enjoyable part of the job really, is the people.
Pros
Lunch time physical training, Kapa Haka, the people, the fact that family really does come first.
Cons
The distance I have to travel to get to work.
3 April 2019
STEWARD (Former Employee) - Wigram, Canterbury
I worked as a kitchen hand and a steward in the kitchen dining room. I learned how to cater for large groups of people. I had no problems with the management, and the workplace culture was work, family fun. Hardest part of job was leaving, Most enjoyable was meeting lots of interesting people.
Pros
Good salary, free food, good people, easy PRKING.
Cons
Leaving
30 July 2018
Captain (Former Employee) - Auckland
The Royal New Zealand Air Force was a professional organization that set out to defend and promote New Zealand, it did this through developing a strong culture of Courage, Commitment, Comradeship, and Integrity.

I enjoyed the time of serving my country and growing my skills as a leader
Cons
Lots of travel internationnally
25 November 2015
Composite Technician (Former Employee) - New Zealand
This was a highlight of my working career. I spent 6 years learning my trade from professionals that had a great deal of passion about what they did.

No two days were the same and the work that was being undertaken was challenging every day. Being in aviation there was no room for error and the quality control measures where as strict as they had to be for good measure.

For a person looking to advance their technical knowledge or even learn a new trade skill the Air Force is the place to be. There are so many opportunities to learn various skills from various trades allowing personnel to become extremely skilled and highly sought after in the work force.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Pay not on the same rate as civilian equivalent
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Royal New Zealand Air Force. Our community is ready to answer.
4.6