Royal New Zealand Air Force Employee Review

View all Royal New Zealand Air Force reviews

World Class Training and Satisfying Work
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Ohakea, New Zealand19 January 2013
The daily working routine started 0745 hrs Mon-Fri, with two 20 min breaks and one 45 min lunch break. Throughout my time at Logistics Support Squadron I progressed through 3 rank levels and was responsible for up to 10 subordinates. The Organizational Structure was a Pyramid structure as is common in the Military, which has some disadvantages with regards to communication flow and decision making speed from the chain of comand. Generally, my co workers were co-operative and friendly. I enjoyed the respect of my peers and superiors and my suggestions were always well received. The hardest part of the job was initiating change of systems and proceedures as the approval process was inhibited by the organisational structure which does not promote confident decision making. However, this is mitigated through the presentation of detailed plans that outline risks and benefits and sound strategies. The most satisfying part of the job included successful problem solving and the implimentation of robust system that promote productivity in the workplace.
Pros
great benefits, worldwide travel, advancement opportunities, constant training and professional improvement opportunities, free education
Cons
on call 24/7. risks associated with operational war theatres.

Other Royal New Zealand Air Force Employee Reviews

Great place to work when you are young.
STEWARD (Former Employee) –  Wigram, Canterbury3 April 2019
I worked as a kitchen hand and a steward in the kitchen dining room. I learned how to cater for large groups of people. I had no problems with the management, and the workplace culture was work, family fun. Hardest part of job was leaving, Most enjoyable was meeting lots of interesting people.
Pros
Good salary, free food, good people, easy PRKING.
Cons
Leaving
Rnzaf review
Captain (Former Employee) –  Auckland30 July 2018
The Royal New Zealand Air Force was a professional organization that set out to defend and promote New Zealand, it did this through developing a strong culture of Courage, Commitment, Comradeship, and Integrity.

I enjoyed the time of serving my country and growing my skills as a leader
Cons
Lots of travel internationnally