Royal New Zealand Air Force

Royal New Zealand Air Force Employee Review

View all Royal New Zealand Air Force reviews

Great place to learn from the best
Composite Technician (Former Employee) –  New Zealand25 November 2015
This was a highlight of my working career. I spent 6 years learning my trade from professionals that had a great deal of passion about what they did.

No two days were the same and the work that was being undertaken was challenging every day. Being in aviation there was no room for error and the quality control measures where as strict as they had to be for good measure.

For a person looking to advance their technical knowledge or even learn a new trade skill the Air Force is the place to be. There are so many opportunities to learn various skills from various trades allowing personnel to become extremely skilled and highly sought after in the work force.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Pay not on the same rate as civilian equivalent

Other Royal New Zealand Air Force Employee Reviews

Great place to work when you are young.
STEWARD (Former Employee) –  Wigram, Canterbury3 April 2019
I worked as a kitchen hand and a steward in the kitchen dining room. I learned how to cater for large groups of people. I had no problems with the management, and the workplace culture was work, family fun. Hardest part of job was leaving, Most enjoyable was meeting lots of interesting people.
Pros
Good salary, free food, good people, easy PRKING.
Cons
Leaving
Rnzaf review
Captain (Former Employee) –  Auckland30 July 2018
The Royal New Zealand Air Force was a professional organization that set out to defend and promote New Zealand, it did this through developing a strong culture of Courage, Commitment, Comradeship, and Integrity.

I enjoyed the time of serving my country and growing my skills as a leader
Cons
Lots of travel internationnally