Ryman Healthcare
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Ryman Healthcare Employee Reviews

New Zealand18 reviews
Beautiful facility and great staff
Their roster was flexible, it provided me enough time to focus on my studies. Great team players, we supported each other to get the job done.
Most staff were flexible to swap shifts if required urgently.
Amazing
Amazing caring work place . A job that makes you feel like you are making a positive difference in others life’s. Very supportive, friendly community.
nice residents and place, everything great except staff and management bullying
Residents are lovely but the staff and management are very mean and bossy. The most enjoyable part was interacting with the residents and the job was good, good pay. But a lot of workplace bullying and management bringing new silly rules that aren't practical, some staff are quite bossy and rude.
Pros
nice residents, free food
Cons
horrible managment and staff
excellent company. needs to increase RN salary though.
Worked here for 1.5years as a nurse. It's an excellent company compared to other private aged care facilities. However, salary for nurses are still a bit low. No extra allowance for travelling nurse and travel day is not payed, there's even no hazard pay for travel. Maybe if they try to increase the nurses' salary, they will retain more staff.
A great place to be when before bullies came and hurt alit if stafff and residents
This was a job I lived and breathed for .
Such a lovely place to be with such lovely elderly and mostly good staff .

That is my one star .

They fall down BADLY on mental health of staff who have suffered EXTREME BULLYING .

The managers and long term actuvity workers have been the only reason ALOT if staff have left due to their lack of empathy and support .

Bullying is STILL rife in this village period.
Pros
Clean tidy workplace
Cons
Terrible pay and a bully culture
Try to leave
Pay rise but still uneducated, rude, all smile when managers around then gossiping after. Too many meetings by manager. Desperate for a job or no qualification/visa then work here, I plan to leave soon
Pros
Ok uniform
Cons
Bad management, lazy staff who have bad attitude. No chance to promote
work and life balance life in New Zealand
I have enjoyed working in New Zealand. A typical day at work would be like a greeting from staff when you enter the door. Everyone knows what they are duties and what their expectations. Communication is easy, and efficient.they are a morning tea and an afternoon tea time each for 10 minutes that allow everyone relax and have a short break. The day ended with a fast pace workflow but very fulfilled and appreciated.
Pros
a country full of green .
Cons
hard to make friends in a small city
Rewarding place to work
Ryman Healthcare was more like a family than a work place. OI enjoyed being there for the staff, visitors and residents. There was a good work life balance. I learned alot about different cultures as they employed people from all over the world. The management were very supportive.
Ryman
Poor management, not organised and was thrown in the deep end with no help when i first started. Didn't feel as though i was treated fairly and as an equal.
Pros
Talking to the elderly people and forming bonds
Cons
Poor management skills on their part
Productive and nice atmosphere to work.
Typical day was always busy and the time goes fast that you won't even noticed. I've learned a lot from there because they also provide training and seminars. Friendly staffs and helpful especially when you are new in the workplace. The hardest part of the job maybe when you are short of staff and you need to work longer than your normal shift. The most enjoyable part of the job, when you finished your work and everything is all done, happy and satisfied and ready again for the next morning.
Pros
Offered training and seminars
Cons
Sometimes shorts of staff to work for the next shift.
lovely I have heard how well the workers take care of the whole unit as one family
My honest opinion your firm company is wonderful i'v had the opportunity first hand experiencing how you function as a team, amen

Kia ora

Heni Tini
fun work place
this was my first REAL job and learnt so much.
great work environment with awesome staff.

residents were all so lovely and you feel at home.

would love to work there again
Review summary
Typical day at work involved starting the day by weeding or doing the rubbish for the residents. Hand manicuring the gardens were usually done in the morning because there was no excessive sound allowed. I would then move on to mowing the lawns or using other gardening machinery such as a weed eater around the property. If there were big events being held for the residents, I would help setting that up or provide support. For example, I spent the entire day cooking food for big parties.
I learned practical gardening skills and how to use all machinery relating to gardening.
Pros
Good management
Cons
far away from home
Productive and fun workplace
All the staff were very friendly and Ryman Healthcare always had fun events on for the office team. I couldnt take part in a few of the events as I was not a permanent worker, which made me feel indifferent and like an outsider. Although the work load was great! Never quiet but not too (pull-your-hair-out) busy.
Average workplace
The job is very physically demanding and stressful but the most enjoyable part is serving the elderly people. Hardest part of the job is the bullying you get from co-workers and sometimes from the management.
Cons
Workplace bullying
enjoyed the work
enjoyed helping the resisdents to enjoy there day more to be the best they could be co workers were surported hardest part of job was the demands put on by short staffing
Rymans
It depends what village you are working at but the money is not good enough in this industry. You do much more then you get out of it. Basically i wouldn't look for a job in this sector.
productive, fun workplace, great people
Ryman Healthcare is a great company to work for. great people and great atmosphere. loving and caring. It is a lot of work for a job that doesn't pay much for the work and love they give towards patients and others