Ryman Healthcare
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
View all Ryman Healthcare reviews

Ryman Healthcare

Ryman Healthcare Employee Review

Worked with ryman for 3 plus years and resigned now. The travel nurse job was fun. Did that for two years even though no pay for travel day/ shifting day. Seen most of the country. Working long term in one place is a nightmare in most of the villages because of the culture of this place. No respect for nurses. If you know the language of money, then this place is for you. Managers are new and cannot say no to head office managers- meaning they will push all those terrible job to nurses and care givers.

Pros

Free fruit a day. Good pay

Cons

Terrible mangers. Terrible headoffice

Same role

excellent company. needs to increase RN salary though.

Worked here for 1.5years as a nurse. It's an excellent company compared to other private aged care facilities. However, salary for nurses are still a bit low. No extra allowance for travelling nurse and travel day is not payed, there's even no hazard pay for travel. Maybe if they try to increase the nurses' salary, they will retain more staff.

Committed to kindness, excellence, innovation and people!

I really enjoy working at Ryman. I feel as a company we've been able to achieve the holy grail of being kind and caring people that are absolutely focused on delivering the very best service to our residents, their families and our team mates. It's all summed up by the very simple phrase, it's got to be good enough for mum, or dad.

Pros

Great team mates, sense of purpose, excellent training

Cons

High workload

Stressful and not great training

I was only at Ryman Healthcare for a month as a Caregiver before I resigned. I hadn't done any sort of Caregiving work before this so I was very new. They were good about it at first but then the pressure gets put on very quickly and I wasn't working as well as I should have been. They have VERY high standards of their staff and for someone as new as me, they expected too much. Most of the staff were pretty helpful but I later learnt that someone had been complaining about how I worked that they removed alot of my shifts to only be working 6 hours a week. The explanation was because my work wasn't up to scratch that some of the staff just simply didn't want me around. They were willing to give me a couple days of more training to keep me around but I was already so upset as I tried my absolute best at this job and was really excited to start. Just really upsetting and it could have been a much better experience.Also the staff there were 90% foreign which was hard to work with sometimes. Hardly any Kiwis

Pros

Good Staff mostly helpful

Cons

Long hours, Not enough pay for the work you do, Foreign Staff Culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ryman Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Ryman Healthcare
  • Good place for bullies. Managers at head office are terrible. Newbie managers at site