Ryman Healthcare
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Ryman Healthcare Employee Review

nice residents and place, everything great except staff and management bullying

19 April 2020
Residents are lovely but the staff and management are very mean and bossy. The most enjoyable part was interacting with the residents and the job was good, good pay. But a lot of workplace bullying and management bringing new silly rules that aren't practical, some staff are quite bossy and rude.
Pros
nice residents, free food
Cons
horrible managment and staff
23 December 2020
Same role
Caregiver (Former Employee) - Rangiora, Canterbury
I was only at Ryman Healthcare for a month as a Caregiver before I resigned. I hadn't done any sort of Caregiving work before this so I was very new. They were good about it at first but then the pressure gets put on very quickly and I wasn't working as well as I should have been. They have VERY high standards of their staff and for someone as new as me, they expected too much. Most of the staff were pretty helpful but I later learnt that someone had been complaining about how I worked that they removed alot of my shifts to only be working 6 hours a week. The explanation was because my work wasn't up to scratch that some of the staff just simply didn't want me around. They were willing to give me a couple days of more training to keep me around but I was already so upset as I tried my absolute best at this job and was really excited to start. Just really upsetting and it could have been a much better experience.Also the staff there were 90% foreign which was hard to work with sometimes. Hardly any Kiwis
Pros
Good Staff mostly helpful
Cons
Long hours, Not enough pay for the work you do, Foreign Staff Culture
19 October 2020
Same role
Caregiver Ryman healthcare, Princess Alexander retirement (Former Employee) - Napier, Hawke's Bay
The staff were great and supportive. i learnt how to plan my personal cares with my Buddy, time management was prioritised. Some of the work was demanding and stressful at times only due to lack of communication.
Pros
scholarships and great team
Cons
demanding work when you have no support with transfering patients
3 May 2018
Same location
duty leader (Former Employee) - Tauranga
I have enjoyed working in New Zealand. A typical day at work would be like a greeting from staff when you enter the door. Everyone knows what they are duties and what their expectations. Communication is easy, and efficient.they are a morning tea and an afternoon tea time each for 10 minutes that allow everyone relax and have a short break. The day ended with a fast pace workflow but very fulfilled and appreciated.
Pros
a country full of green .
Cons
hard to make friends in a small city
  1. nice residents and place, everything great except staff and management bullying