Ryman Healthcare
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Ryman Healthcare Employee Review

Productive and nice atmosphere to work.

10 March 2018
Typical day was always busy and the time goes fast that you won't even noticed. I've learned a lot from there because they also provide training and seminars. Friendly staffs and helpful especially when you are new in the workplace. The hardest part of the job maybe when you are short of staff and you need to work longer than your normal shift. The most enjoyable part of the job, when you finished your work and everything is all done, happy and satisfied and ready again for the next morning.
Pros
Offered training and seminars
Cons
Sometimes shorts of staff to work for the next shift.
25 February 2020
Same role
Healthcare Assistant (Former Employee) - Hamillton New Zealand
Their roster was flexible, it provided me enough time to focus on my studies. Great team players, we supported each other to get the job done. Most staff were flexible to swap shifts if required urgently.
8 December 2016
Same role
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) - Auckland, New Zealand
The job is very physically demanding and stressful but the most enjoyable part is serving the elderly people. Hardest part of the job is the bullying you get from co-workers and sometimes from the management.
Cons
Workplace bullying
11 September 2020
Same location
Caregiver (Former Employee) - Orewa, Auckland
As a caregiver, they expected far too much from a high school leaver. I was showering vulnerable older people in very tight time frames all by myself. When I asked for some support in an area I wasn't comfortable with (on my first day after my 3 day training), I was told to deal with it or quit. This was particularly bad as I was afraid of hurting a more vulnerable person. The staff training me were bullies, and there was a bizarre culture with one employee yelling in my face when on my first day I put a basket in the wrong part of the laundry. My line manager was very disorganised, and I had no way of finding out when/if I would be rostered one. I attended my first day of work after my training and 2 hours in was told that I wasn't meant to be working that day due to this disorganization. It was a terrible experience, and I know from other people that my experience was not unusual.
Pros
Decent pay, paid lunch break
Cons
Terrible culture, disorganized, bullying
  1. Productive and nice atmosphere to work.