Ryman Healthcare
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Ryman Healthcare Employee Review

Ryman

18 March 2018
Poor management, not organised and was thrown in the deep end with no help when i first started. Didn't feel as though i was treated fairly and as an equal.
Pros
Talking to the elderly people and forming bonds
Cons
Poor management skills on their part
22 May 2021
Registered Nurse (Full Time) (Former Employee) - Lynfield, Auckland
Worked with ryman for 3 plus years and resigned now. The travel nurse job was fun. Did that for two years even though no pay for travel day/ shifting day. Seen most of the country. Working long term in one place is a nightmare in most of the villages because of the culture of this place. No respect for nurses. If you know the language of money, then this place is for you. Managers are new and cannot say no to head office managers- meaning they will push all those terrible job to nurses and care givers.
Pros
Free fruit a day. Good pay
Cons
Terrible mangers. Terrible headoffice
11 January 2021
People leader (Current Employee) - Christchurch, Canterbury
I really enjoy working at Ryman. I feel as a company we've been able to achieve the holy grail of being kind and caring people that are absolutely focused on delivering the very best service to our residents, their families and our team mates. It's all summed up by the very simple phrase, it's got to be good enough for mum, or dad.
Pros
Great team mates, sense of purpose, excellent training
Cons
High workload
23 December 2020
Caregiver (Former Employee) - Rangiora, Canterbury
I was only at Ryman Healthcare for a month as a Caregiver before I resigned. I hadn't done any sort of Caregiving work before this so I was very new. They were good about it at first but then the pressure gets put on very quickly and I wasn't working as well as I should have been. They have VERY high standards of their staff and for someone as new as me, they expected too much. Most of the staff were pretty helpful but I later learnt that someone had been complaining about how I worked that they removed alot of my shifts to only be working 6 hours a week. The explanation was because my work wasn't up to scratch that some of the staff just simply didn't want me around. They were willing to give me a couple days of more training to keep me around but I was already so upset as I tried my absolute best at this job and was really excited to start. Just really upsetting and it could have been a much better experience.Also the staff there were 90% foreign which was hard to work with sometimes. Hardly any Kiwis
Pros
Good Staff mostly helpful
Cons
Long hours, Not enough pay for the work you do, Foreign Staff Culture