Ryman Healthcare logo
Ryman Healthcare
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
View all Ryman Healthcare reviews

Ryman Healthcare

Ryman Healthcare Employee Review

Rymans

It depends what village you are working at but the money is not good enough in this industry. You do much more then you get out of it. Basically i wouldn't look for a job in this sector.

Same role

Stressful and not great training

I was only at Ryman Healthcare for a month as a Caregiver before I resigned. I hadn't done any sort of Caregiving work before this so I was very new. They were good about it at first but then the pressure gets put on very quickly and I wasn't working as well as I should have been. They have VERY high standards of their staff and for someone as new as me, they expected too much. Most of the staff were pretty helpful but I later learnt that someone had been complaining about how I worked that they removed alot of my shifts to only be working 6 hours a week. The explanation was because my work wasn't up to scratch that some of the staff just simply didn't want me around. They were willing to give me a couple days of more training to keep me around but I was already so upset as I tried my absolute best at this job and was really excited to start. Just really upsetting and it could have been a much better experience.Also the staff there were 90% foreign which was hard to work with sometimes. Hardly any Kiwis

Pros

Good Staff mostly helpful

Cons

Long hours, Not enough pay for the work you do, Foreign Staff Culture
Same role

Very supportive and productive environment to work in

The staff were great and supportive. i learnt how to plan my personal cares with my Buddy, time management was prioritised. Some of the work was demanding and stressful at times only due to lack of communication.

Pros

scholarships and great team

Cons

demanding work when you have no support with transfering patients

Terrible bullying culture

As a caregiver, they expected far too much from a high school leaver. I was showering vulnerable older people in very tight time frames all by myself. When I asked for some support in an area I wasn't comfortable with (on my first day after my 3 day training), I was told to deal with it or quit. This was particularly bad as I was afraid of hurting a more vulnerable person. The staff training me were bullies, and there was a bizarre culture with one employee yelling in my face when on my first day I put a basket in the wrong part of the laundry. My line manager was very disorganised, and I had no way of finding out when/if I would be rostered one. I attended my first day of work after my training and 2 hours in was told that I wasn't meant to be working that day due to this disorganization. It was a terrible experience, and I know from other people that my experience was not unusual.

Pros

Decent pay, paid lunch break

Cons

Terrible culture, disorganized, bullying

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ryman Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Ryman Healthcare