Ryman Healthcare
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Ryman Healthcare Employee Review

Very enjoyable place to work

26 June 2020
The residents are wonderful, and the staff are awesome and so welcoming , I clean the rooms and really enjoy having talks with the elderly residents. I have been out of work for some time but when I started, everyone made me feel very comfortable. I am doing causal/ on call, house keeping is hard work but what makes it easier is the fantastic staff you work with.
26 August 2020
Same role
Housekeeper (Current Employee) - Wellington City, Wellington
All round awesome work environment, the residents are beautiful I love my job but the hardest part about the job is there’s never any communication and the pay rate sucks I wish we were valued more. We are not even at living wage. Rent, food and power/gas are so expensive these days and being on the pay rate I’m at doesn't help me. I’m living fortnight to fortnight. I wish we were heard a lot more with pay rates. Yes pay rate is way above minimum wage but when your living in a city rent is way high. Also if it wasn’t for the residents I would’ve left ages ago.
Pros
Residents and staff
Cons
Pay rate and not being valued enough
22 May 2021
Registered Nurse (Full Time) (Former Employee) - Lynfield, Auckland
Worked with ryman for 3 plus years and resigned now. The travel nurse job was fun. Did that for two years even though no pay for travel day/ shifting day. Seen most of the country. Working long term in one place is a nightmare in most of the villages because of the culture of this place. No respect for nurses. If you know the language of money, then this place is for you. Managers are new and cannot say no to head office managers- meaning they will push all those terrible job to nurses and care givers.
Pros
Free fruit a day. Good pay
Cons
Terrible mangers. Terrible headoffice
11 January 2021
People leader (Current Employee) - Christchurch, Canterbury
I really enjoy working at Ryman. I feel as a company we've been able to achieve the holy grail of being kind and caring people that are absolutely focused on delivering the very best service to our residents, their families and our team mates. It's all summed up by the very simple phrase, it's got to be good enough for mum, or dad.
Pros
Great team mates, sense of purpose, excellent training
Cons
High workload
  1. Very enjoyable place to work