Ryman Healthcare
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Ryman Healthcare Employee Review

work and life balance life in New Zealand

3 May 2018
I have enjoyed working in New Zealand. A typical day at work would be like a greeting from staff when you enter the door. Everyone knows what they are duties and what their expectations. Communication is easy, and efficient.they are a morning tea and an afternoon tea time each for 10 minutes that allow everyone relax and have a short break. The day ended with a fast pace workflow but very fulfilled and appreciated.
Pros
a country full of green .
Cons
hard to make friends in a small city
19 April 2020
Same location
lounge caregiver (Former Employee) - Tauranga, Bay of Plenty
Residents are lovely but the staff and management are very mean and bossy. The most enjoyable part was interacting with the residents and the job was good, good pay. But a lot of workplace bullying and management bringing new silly rules that aren't practical, some staff are quite bossy and rude.
Pros
nice residents, free food
Cons
horrible managment and staff
22 May 2021
Registered Nurse (Full Time) (Former Employee) - Lynfield, Auckland
Worked with ryman for 3 plus years and resigned now. The travel nurse job was fun. Did that for two years even though no pay for travel day/ shifting day. Seen most of the country. Working long term in one place is a nightmare in most of the villages because of the culture of this place. No respect for nurses. If you know the language of money, then this place is for you. Managers are new and cannot say no to head office managers- meaning they will push all those terrible job to nurses and care givers.
Pros
Free fruit a day. Good pay
Cons
Terrible mangers. Terrible headoffice
11 January 2021
People leader (Current Employee) - Christchurch, Canterbury
I really enjoy working at Ryman. I feel as a company we've been able to achieve the holy grail of being kind and caring people that are absolutely focused on delivering the very best service to our residents, their families and our team mates. It's all summed up by the very simple phrase, it's got to be good enough for mum, or dad.
Pros
Great team mates, sense of purpose, excellent training
Cons
High workload
  1. work and life balance life in New Zealand