Ryman Healthcare logo
Ryman Healthcare
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Ryman Healthcare Employee Reviews in Orewa, Auckland

Terrible bullying culture

As a caregiver, they expected far too much from a high school leaver. I was showering vulnerable older people in very tight time frames all by myself. When I asked for some support in an area I wasn't comfortable with (on my first day after my 3 day training), I was told to deal with it or quit. This was particularly bad as I was afraid of hurting a more vulnerable person. The staff training me were bullies, and there was a bizarre culture with one employee yelling in my face when on my first day I put a basket in the wrong part of the laundry. My line manager was very disorganised, and I had no way of finding out when/if I would be rostered one. I attended my first day of work after my training and 2 hours in was told that I wasn't meant to be working that day due to this disorganization. It was a terrible experience, and I know from other people that my experience was not unusual.

Pros

Decent pay, paid lunch break

Cons

Terrible culture, disorganized, bullying

Productive and nice atmosphere to work.

Typical day was always busy and the time goes fast that you won't even noticed. I've learned a lot from there because they also provide training and seminars. Friendly staffs and helpful especially when you are new in the workplace. The hardest part of the job maybe when you are short of staff and you need to work longer than your normal shift. The most enjoyable part of the job, when you finished your work and everything is all done, happy and satisfied and ready again for the next morning.

Pros

Offered training and seminars

Cons

Sometimes shorts of staff to work for the next shift.

Jobs at Ryman Healthcare