Ryman Healthcare
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Ryman Healthcare Employee Reviews for Caregiver

I was only at Ryman Healthcare for a month as a Caregiver before I resigned. I hadn't done any sort of Caregiving work before this so I was very new. They were good about it at first but then the pressure gets put on very quickly and I wasn't working as well as I should have been. They have VERY high standards of their staff and for someone as new as me, they expected too much. Most of the staff were pretty helpful but I later learnt that someone had been complaining about how I worked that they removed alot of my shifts to only be working 6 hours a week. The explanation was because my work wasn't up to scratch that some of the staff just simply didn't want me around. They were willing to give me a couple days of more training to keep me around but I was already so upset as I tried my absolute best at this job and was really excited to start. Just really upsetting and it could have been a much better experience.Also the staff there were 90% foreign which was hard to work with sometimes. Hardly any Kiwis
Pros
Good Staff mostly helpful
Cons
Long hours, Not enough pay for the work you do, Foreign Staff Culture
The staff were great and supportive. i learnt how to plan my personal cares with my Buddy, time management was prioritised. Some of the work was demanding and stressful at times only due to lack of communication.
Pros
scholarships and great team
Cons
demanding work when you have no support with transfering patients
As a caregiver, they expected far too much from a high school leaver. I was showering vulnerable older people in very tight time frames all by myself. When I asked for some support in an area I wasn't comfortable with (on my first day after my 3 day training), I was told to deal with it or quit. This was particularly bad as I was afraid of hurting a more vulnerable person. The staff training me were bullies, and there was a bizarre culture with one employee yelling in my face when on my first day I put a basket in the wrong part of the laundry. My line manager was very disorganised, and I had no way of finding out when/if I would be rostered one. I attended my first day of work after my training and 2 hours in was told that I wasn't meant to be working that day due to this disorganization. It was a terrible experience, and I know from other people that my experience was not unusual.
Pros
Decent pay, paid lunch break
Cons
Terrible culture, disorganized, bullying
I thought that supporting their staff when it comes to education will be a high priority for them since it will help their staff improve the quality of work for the residents but they did not. Expecting high standards from the management for staff. The most enjoyable part of the job is how I interact with my colleagues with minimal stress.
Pros
good staff and environment
Cons
lack of staff and poor management
Residents are lovely but the staff and management are very mean and bossy. The most enjoyable part was interacting with the residents and the job was good, good pay. But a lot of workplace bullying and management bringing new silly rules that aren't practical, some staff are quite bossy and rude.
Pros
nice residents, free food
Cons
horrible managment and staff
this was my first REAL job and learnt so much. great work environment with awesome staff. residents were all so lovely and you feel at home. would love to work there again
enjoyed helping the resisdents to enjoy there day more to be the best they could be co workers were surported hardest part of job was the demands put on by short staffing
It depends what village you are working at but the money is not good enough in this industry. You do much more then you get out of it. Basically i wouldn't look for a job in this sector.