Ryman Healthcare logo
Ryman Healthcare
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Ryman Healthcare Job Security & Advancement reviews

Clear
3.3Work–Life Balance
3.4Job Security & Advancement

Stressful and not great training

I was only at Ryman Healthcare for a month as a Caregiver before I resigned. I hadn't done any sort of Caregiving work before this so I was very new. They were good about it at first but then the pressure gets put on very quickly and I wasn't working as well as I should have been. They have VERY high standards of their staff and for someone as new as me, they expected too much. Most of the staff were pretty helpful but I later learnt that someone had been complaining about how I worked that they removed alot of my shifts to only be working 6 hours a week. The explanation was because my work wasn't up to scratch that some of the staff just simply didn't want me around. They were willing to give me a couple days of more training to keep me around but I was already so upset as I tried my absolute best at this job and was really excited to start. Just really upsetting and it could have been a much better experience.Also the staff there were 90% foreign which was hard to work with sometimes. Hardly any Kiwis

Pros

Good Staff mostly helpful

Cons

Long hours, Not enough pay for the work you do, Foreign Staff Culture

Productive and fun workplace

All the staff were very friendly and Ryman Healthcare always had fun events on for the office team. I couldnt take part in a few of the events as I was not a permanent worker, which made me feel indifferent and like an outsider. Although the work load was great! Never quiet but not too (pull-your-hair-out) busy.

Rymans

It depends what village you are working at but the money is not good enough in this industry. You do much more then you get out of it. Basically i wouldn't look for a job in this sector.

Jobs at Ryman Healthcare