Ryman Healthcare logo
Ryman Healthcare
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Ryman Healthcare Management reviews

Clear
3.3Work–Life Balance

Very supportive and productive environment to work in

The staff were great and supportive. i learnt how to plan my personal cares with my Buddy, time management was prioritised. Some of the work was demanding and stressful at times only due to lack of communication.

Pros

scholarships and great team

Cons

demanding work when you have no support with transfering patients

Terrible bullying culture

As a caregiver, they expected far too much from a high school leaver. I was showering vulnerable older people in very tight time frames all by myself. When I asked for some support in an area I wasn't comfortable with (on my first day after my 3 day training), I was told to deal with it or quit. This was particularly bad as I was afraid of hurting a more vulnerable person. The staff training me were bullies, and there was a bizarre culture with one employee yelling in my face when on my first day I put a basket in the wrong part of the laundry. My line manager was very disorganised, and I had no way of finding out when/if I would be rostered one. I attended my first day of work after my training and 2 hours in was told that I wasn't meant to be working that day due to this disorganization. It was a terrible experience, and I know from other people that my experience was not unusual.

Pros

Decent pay, paid lunch break

Cons

Terrible culture, disorganized, bullying

Terrible place

I worked really hard for Ryman healthcare. I hold a Bachelor of Nursing. They have a toxic environment. The management barely interact with or help their staff. I loved the residents but I'm so pleased I resigned. My life is so much better without the bullying and toxic environment they provide. Good riddance!

Pros

Resident appreciation

Cons

Ryman Healthcare is toxic and bullying is constant there.

Poor Management

I thought that supporting their staff when it comes to education will be a high priority for them since it will help their staff improve the quality of work for the residents but they did not. Expecting high standards from the management for staff. The most enjoyable part of the job is how I interact with my colleagues with minimal stress.

Pros

good staff and environment

Cons

lack of staff and poor management

nice residents and place, everything great except staff and management bullying

Residents are lovely but the staff and management are very mean and bossy. The most enjoyable part was interacting with the residents and the job was good, good pay. But a lot of workplace bullying and management bringing new silly rules that aren't practical, some staff are quite bossy and rude.

Pros

nice residents, free food

Cons

horrible managment and staff

A great place to be when before bullies came and hurt alit if stafff and residents

This was a job I lived and breathed for . Such a lovely place to be with such lovely elderly and mostly good staff . That is my one star . They fall down BADLY on mental health of staff who have suffered EXTREME BULLYING . The managers and long term actuvity workers have been the only reason ALOT if staff have left due to their lack of empathy and support . Bullying is STILL rife in this village period.

Pros

Clean tidy workplace

Cons

Terrible pay and a bully culture

Try to leave

Pay rise but still uneducated, rude, all smile when managers around then gossiping after. Too many meetings by manager. Desperate for a job or no qualification/visa then work here, I plan to leave soon

Pros

Ok uniform

Cons

Bad management, lazy staff who have bad attitude. No chance to promote

Rewarding place to work

Ryman Healthcare was more like a family than a work place. OI enjoyed being there for the staff, visitors and residents. There was a good work life balance. I learned alot about different cultures as they employed people from all over the world. The management were very supportive.

Ryman

Poor management, not organised and was thrown in the deep end with no help when i first started. Didn't feel as though i was treated fairly and as an equal.

Pros

Talking to the elderly people and forming bonds

Cons

Poor management skills on their part

Review summary

Typical day at work involved starting the day by weeding or doing the rubbish for the residents. Hand manicuring the gardens were usually done in the morning because there was no excessive sound allowed. I would then move on to mowing the lawns or using other gardening machinery such as a weed eater around the property. If there were big events being held for the residents, I would help setting that up or provide support. For example, I spent the entire day cooking food for big parties. I learned practical gardening skills and how to use all machinery relating to gardening.

Pros

Good management

Cons

far away from home

Jobs at Ryman Healthcare