Ryman Healthcare Management reviews

A great place to be when before bullies came and hurt alit if stafff and residents
Activities (Former Employee) –  Jane Mander Whangarei24 September 2019
This was a job I lived and breathed for .
Such a lovely place to be with such lovely elderly and mostly good staff .
That is my one star .
They fall down BADLY on mental health of staff who have suffered EXTREME BULLYING .
The managers and long term actuvity workers have been the only reason ALOT if staff have left due to their lack of empathy and support .
Bullying is STILL rife in this village period.
Pros
Clean tidy workplace
Cons
Terrible pay and a bully culture
Try to leave
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dannemora, Auckland1 August 2018
Pay rise but still uneducated, rude, all smile when managers around then gossiping after. Too many meetings by manager. Desperate for a job or no qualification/visa then work here, I plan to leave soon
Pros
Ok uniform
Cons
Bad management, lazy staff who have bad attitude. No chance to promote
Rewarding place to work
Receptionist/Administrator (Former Employee) –  New Zealand12 April 2018
Ryman Healthcare was more like a family than a work place. OI enjoyed being there for the staff, visitors and residents. There was a good work life balance. I learned alot about different cultures as they employed people from all over the world. The management were very supportive.
Ryman
KITCHEN STAFF AND DINING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Pukekohe, Auckland18 March 2018
Poor management, not organised and was thrown in the deep end with no help when i first started. Didn't feel as though i was treated fairly and as an equal.
Pros
Talking to the elderly people and forming bonds
Cons
Poor management skills on their part
Review summary
Gardener (Former Employee) –  North Shore, Auckland17 February 2017
Typical day at work involved starting the day by weeding or doing the rubbish for the residents. Hand manicuring the gardens were usually done in the morning because there was no excessive sound allowed. I would then move on to mowing the lawns or using other gardening machinery such as a weed eater around the property. If there were big events being held for the residents, I would help setting that up or provide support. For example, I spent the entire day cooking food for big parties.
I learned practical gardening skills and how to use all machinery relating to gardening.
Pros
Good management
Cons
far away from home