Ryman Healthcare logo
Ryman Healthcare
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Ryman Healthcare Work–Life Balance reviews

Clear
3.3Work–Life Balance
3.3Pay & Benefits

Stressful and not great training

I was only at Ryman Healthcare for a month as a Caregiver before I resigned. I hadn't done any sort of Caregiving work before this so I was very new. They were good about it at first but then the pressure gets put on very quickly and I wasn't working as well as I should have been. They have VERY high standards of their staff and for someone as new as me, they expected too much. Most of the staff were pretty helpful but I later learnt that someone had been complaining about how I worked that they removed alot of my shifts to only be working 6 hours a week. The explanation was because my work wasn't up to scratch that some of the staff just simply didn't want me around. They were willing to give me a couple days of more training to keep me around but I was already so upset as I tried my absolute best at this job and was really excited to start. Just really upsetting and it could have been a much better experience.Also the staff there were 90% foreign which was hard to work with sometimes. Hardly any Kiwis

Pros

Good Staff mostly helpful

Cons

Long hours, Not enough pay for the work you do, Foreign Staff Culture

Very enjoyable place to work

The residents are wonderful, and the staff are awesome and so welcoming , I clean the rooms and really enjoy having talks with the elderly residents. I have been out of work for some time but when I started, everyone made me feel very comfortable. I am doing causal/ on call, house keeping is hard work but what makes it easier is the fantastic staff you work with.

Amazing

Amazing caring work place . A job that makes you feel like you are making a positive difference in others life’s. Very supportive, friendly community.

work and life balance life in New Zealand

I have enjoyed working in New Zealand. A typical day at work would be like a greeting from staff when you enter the door. Everyone knows what they are duties and what their expectations. Communication is easy, and efficient.they are a morning tea and an afternoon tea time each for 10 minutes that allow everyone relax and have a short break. The day ended with a fast pace workflow but very fulfilled and appreciated.

Pros

a country full of green .

Cons

hard to make friends in a small city

Rewarding place to work

Ryman Healthcare was more like a family than a work place. OI enjoyed being there for the staff, visitors and residents. There was a good work life balance. I learned alot about different cultures as they employed people from all over the world. The management were very supportive.

Ryman

Poor management, not organised and was thrown in the deep end with no help when i first started. Didn't feel as though i was treated fairly and as an equal.

Pros

Talking to the elderly people and forming bonds

Cons

Poor management skills on their part

Jobs at Ryman Healthcare