SkyCity
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

SkyCity Employee Reviews

Pretty Good
Best benefits was the buffet, end of year vouchers, discounted stays, free entry to sky tower plus 1 guest.

Good place to work, wasn't paid enough..
fun workplace
You can work with so many friendly people from many different countries, so if you are from other countries, it's easy to get fitted to this work environment.
Pros
$2.50 for a meal at 24/7 cafeteria
Cons
irregular shifts
Fun and Challenging
If you don't mind shift work this job can be fun and exciting. It can also be very challenging at times. Promotions are far and few between. If you want to try out various roles Sky City has plenty.
Management was really good but the salary was low. Hardest part of my job is to clean the whole kitchen by myself. I enjoyed working in the company because some of the colleagues were very friendly.
Work benefits
Professional working environment valuing employees skills by providing carrier opportunities to develop in to next level
Great employment benifits to all staff and good pay rates offer depending of level of experience.
A very toxic work environment
The management always plays favorites with their friends and bully other employees. They would go back on accepted leaves, and give it to other people. They would complain if you go in sick and if you call in sick.
Customer service at its best
Great staff relationships.
Top staff benefits.

Rewarding renummeration and pay.

Great industry to work in especially if one wants to travel abroad.

The company is involved a plenty in supporting the community eg, sporting franchises, and other organisations.
Skycity fue una buena expeciencia
He aprendido mucho en ese trabajo. El sueldo era mejor que en otros lugares, es una empresa donde se puede crecer y respetan los horarios de trabajo y dias off.
Best place to work
Skycity being a whole new place to work in where you can work in your choice of field as it has a lot of options to work in different fields all the time.
Pros
Getting to learn new things all the time
Cons
too many annoying people within the working force
Good place
Enjoyed my job, good people to work with. Hours are long and always on your feet. Wouldn’t suit lazy person. Meet lots of different people. Cheap food for staff.
Pros
Cheap lunch, free uniform
Cons
Rostered, shift work
Everyday is Different
i experienced lots in Skycity like meeting lots of new peoples with different cultures.
I really enjoyed working at Skycity as a dealer

great to work with well trained employees
Pros
staff cafeteria
Absolutely fun
Loved working here. People are easy going safe fun environment. Always a ladder to climb and learn. Never the same repetitive kind of job different every couple of hours
Pros
Cool people to work with. Meals are so cheap. Heaps of perks.
Cons
Distance to work
Best job I've have
SKYCITY Hamilton is the best place I have worked. Bowl and Social have the best management team I have ever worked under. The team there are all family but we keep it professional when we are working. I truly feel blessed to have worked there with the people that I did.
good workplace
if you want to develop hospitality skills this is the right place. A lot of position available and a lot of shifts, and the perks are really good, like cheap food and discounts on stores.
Always funny and positive vibes everywhere.
I learned how to control my temper and not getting angry at customers, I learned how to communicate with people more often now, my manager always made sure I was on the right track. Everyone was always on a positive attitude, everyone knows each other and makes people feel welcomed an all. The hardest part of the job is trying to keep your customers happy and get what they need before the end of the call.
Cons
Different timetables
Fun workplace.
Great training ground for customer service. Enjoyable working with other employees especially with your same nationality. I learned to do multi-tasking.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
when we have a promotion and few people working.
Productive and fun workplace
It can be quite busy with customers travelling everyday. Be a computer savvy. Hardest part of the job is when you have to deal with angry customers, but I have learned to be professional and not to take customers complaint personal. The workplace culture is really friendly. The management team are really supportive.
Loads to learn and fast paced
Great company to work with, loads to learn fast paced and always something new happening. One of the best hotels to work in, if you are seeking a job in hospitality.
Pros
Great staff meal, health insurance covered
Extremely Professional Organisation
I was contacted by the Group to lead a team of management and staff , 6 x Manager's and 48 Staff FOH and BOH inclusive.
During my employ I was exposed to an exceptional support team from the Head Office and subsequently I was also surrounded by a highly trained and qualified group of management and Staff.

My team and I immersed ourselves in the common goal to provide exceptional customer service and delivery the highest quality of food and beverage to the guests.

Extremely professional organization to work for.
fun work place
12hr shift work. two day shifts and two night shifts. management are understanding. great people within the teams to assist you if needed. hardest part of the job is being static at an entry point up to three hours.
Hard on relationships and social life.
A great job for learning and advancing. But not the greatest management and always seem to be working overtime, They are forever understaffed and asking more of their employees. You are seldom rewarded for hard work but always seem to be made to feel like 'not a team player' when you refuse to do overtime.
Pros
Cheap Parking
Cons
Horrible organisation of rosters.