SkyCity
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

SkyCity Employee Reviews

New Zealand113 reviews
Working in Skycity was fun and purely physical job. I've learned in Skycity especially in steward department was that you can enjoy while working and the friendship built during that time.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
enjoy working , the management is good. lot of internal opportunities to grow .

You can ask for internal transfers , and learn and develop new skills.
A fun workplace with fast-paced and professional.
there are various opportunity and Skycity help in training your skills and knowledge. giving you the opportunity to grow
Upon the training, I was greeted with a very friendly work environment and overall, was not afraid to bring my whole self to the training. Due to the nature of the casino, I can't be my whole self as it's all about acting professional etc however in saying that it's not a handicap on having fun its more so guidance to allow you to have the best time as well as the customer.
You can work with so many friendly people from many different countries, so if you are from other countries, it's easy to get fitted to this work environment.
Pros
$2.50 for a meal at 24/7 cafeteria
Cons
irregular shifts
Best benefits was the buffet, end of year vouchers, discounted stays, free entry to sky tower plus 1 guest.

Good place to work, wasn't paid enough..
If you don't mind shift work this job can be fun and exciting. It can also be very challenging at times. Promotions are far and few between. If you want to try out various roles Sky City has plenty.
Management was really good but the salary was low. Hardest part of my job is to clean the whole kitchen by myself. I enjoyed working in the company because some of the colleagues were very friendly.
Professional working environment valuing employees skills by providing carrier opportunities to develop in to next level
Great employment benifits to all staff and good pay rates offer depending of level of experience.
The management always plays favorites with their friends and bully other employees. They would go back on accepted leaves, and give it to other people. They would complain if you go in sick and if you call in sick.
Great staff relationships.
Top staff benefits.

Rewarding renummeration and pay.

Great industry to work in especially if one wants to travel abroad.

The company is involved a plenty in supporting the community eg, sporting franchises, and other organisations.
He aprendido mucho en ese trabajo. El sueldo era mejor que en otros lugares, es una empresa donde se puede crecer y respetan los horarios de trabajo y dias off.
Skycity being a whole new place to work in where you can work in your choice of field as it has a lot of options to work in different fields all the time.
Pros
Getting to learn new things all the time
Cons
too many annoying people within the working force
Enjoyed my job, good people to work with. Hours are long and always on your feet. Wouldn’t suit lazy person. Meet lots of different people. Cheap food for staff.
Pros
Cheap lunch, free uniform
Cons
Rostered, shift work
i experienced lots in Skycity like meeting lots of new peoples with different cultures.
I really enjoyed working at Skycity as a dealer

great to work with well trained employees
Pros
staff cafeteria
Loved working here. People are easy going safe fun environment. Always a ladder to climb and learn. Never the same repetitive kind of job different every couple of hours
Pros
Cool people to work with. Meals are so cheap. Heaps of perks.
Cons
Distance to work
SKYCITY Hamilton is the best place I have worked. Bowl and Social have the best management team I have ever worked under. The team there are all family but we keep it professional when we are working. I truly feel blessed to have worked there with the people that I did.
if you want to develop hospitality skills this is the right place. A lot of position available and a lot of shifts, and the perks are really good, like cheap food and discounts on stores.
I learned how to control my temper and not getting angry at customers, I learned how to communicate with people more often now, my manager always made sure I was on the right track. Everyone was always on a positive attitude, everyone knows each other and makes people feel welcomed an all. The hardest part of the job is trying to keep your customers happy and get what they need before the end of the call.
Cons
Different timetables
Great training ground for customer service. Enjoyable working with other employees especially with your same nationality. I learned to do multi-tasking.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
when we have a promotion and few people working.
It can be quite busy with customers travelling everyday. Be a computer savvy. Hardest part of the job is when you have to deal with angry customers, but I have learned to be professional and not to take customers complaint personal. The workplace culture is really friendly. The management team are really supportive.