SkyCity
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
SkyCity Employee Review

fun and productive environment

11 October 2015
working at Skycity Auckland is one of the lifetime experience that I will never forget. Time went very quick once you start your shift as you will be busy all the time. I learned so many things, from how to provide a 5- stars customer service to multi-task. Not only you are doing your job but you are actually playing with the customers. Nothing better than having fun while get pay, and this is what you get at Skycity. Co-workers are extremely friendly and willing o help you out at all time. I learned so much from my supervisors and managers, they are patient and friendly with their staffs.
The hardest part of the job is the flexibility roster, as a part timer, I get shifts all over the place, one day i will get a day time shift and the next could be a night shift , so i find it difficult to adjust to the flexi timetable. other than that, everything is manageable.

The most enjoyable part of the job would definitely be able to work in a busy, fun, entertain and exciting place, you will witness big celebrations from big wins, but at the same time sad cases from the unlucky ones.
Pros
discount carpark, staff price meals, ready-to-wear uniform
Cons
flexibility
2 April 2020
Upon the training, I was greeted with a very friendly work environment and overall, was not afraid to bring my whole self to the training. Due to the nature of the casino, I can't be my whole self as it's all about acting professional etc however in saying that it's not a handicap on having fun its more so guidance to allow you to have the best time as well as the customer.
23 August 2018
Same roleSame location
i experienced lots in Skycity like meeting lots of new peoples with different cultures.
I really enjoyed working at Skycity as a dealer

great to work with well trained employees
Pros
staff cafeteria
24 June 2020
Working in Skycity was fun and purely physical job. I've learned in Skycity especially in steward department was that you can enjoy while working and the friendship built during that time.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons