SkyCity
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

SkyCity Employee Reviews

Working in Skycity was fun and purely physical job. I've learned in Skycity especially in steward department was that you can enjoy while working and the friendship built during that time.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
enjoy working , the management is good. lot of internal opportunities to grow .

You can ask for internal transfers , and learn and develop new skills.
A fun workplace with fast-paced and professional.
there are various opportunity and Skycity help in training your skills and knowledge. giving you the opportunity to grow
Great place to work and highly competitive. Great managers who always help you when needed. Always upskilling with monthly meetings on what’s changing around the hotel
Upon the training, I was greeted with a very friendly work environment and overall, was not afraid to bring my whole self to the training. Due to the nature of the casino, I can't be my whole self as it's all about acting professional etc however in saying that it's not a handicap on having fun its more so guidance to allow you to have the best time as well as the customer.
You can work with so many friendly people from many different countries, so if you are from other countries, it's easy to get fitted to this work environment.
Pros
$2.50 for a meal at 24/7 cafeteria
Cons
irregular shifts
Very low salary, poor management, favouritism, no job appreciation, groupism, no free food or parking no

Very disappointingproper training, not much choice of food,
Pros
Taxi service to home in the night time for very low fare
Cons
Poor management, low wages
Best benefits was the buffet, end of year vouchers, discounted stays, free entry to sky tower plus 1 guest.

Good place to work, wasn't paid enough..
If you don't mind shift work this job can be fun and exciting. It can also be very challenging at times. Promotions are far and few between. If you want to try out various roles Sky City has plenty.
Management was really good but the salary was low. Hardest part of my job is to clean the whole kitchen by myself. I enjoyed working in the company because some of the colleagues were very friendly.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at SkyCity?
The Skycity Darwin do not have a right person at the moment in relation to work health issues. He is not having a well reputation in the staff .

No proper training of using heavy machines for scrubbing.
SKYCITY is not a previous employment. Year 10 educational level requires all students to complete one week of work experience placement. My placement had been through SKTYCITY.

Throughout my weeks experience in this industry, I gained a range of skills within 7 departments and further enhanced my previous skills of communication, responsibility and teamwork.
Professional working environment valuing employees skills by providing carrier opportunities to develop in to next level
Great employment benifits to all staff and good pay rates offer depending of level of experience.
The management always plays favorites with their friends and bully other employees. They would go back on accepted leaves, and give it to other people. They would complain if you go in sick and if you call in sick.
Nice team members.
Supportive management team.

learn how to work in Bar.

multi-culture people and respect the other's culture.

How to handle the pressure and work effectively.
Great staff relationships.
Top staff benefits.

Rewarding renummeration and pay.

Great industry to work in especially if one wants to travel abroad.

The company is involved a plenty in supporting the community eg, sporting franchises, and other organisations.
He aprendido mucho en ese trabajo. El sueldo era mejor que en otros lugares, es una empresa donde se puede crecer y respetan los horarios de trabajo y dias off.
Skycity being a whole new place to work in where you can work in your choice of field as it has a lot of options to work in different fields all the time.
Pros
Getting to learn new things all the time
Cons
too many annoying people within the working force
I learned here many things about services managers very helpful working environment is greate busy time bt very enjoyable working at sky city hotel...
Pros
Free food
Cons
Enjoyed my job, good people to work with. Hours are long and always on your feet. Wouldn’t suit lazy person. Meet lots of different people. Cheap food for staff.
Pros
Cheap lunch, free uniform
Cons
Rostered, shift work
i experienced lots in Skycity like meeting lots of new peoples with different cultures.
I really enjoyed working at Skycity as a dealer

great to work with well trained employees
Pros
staff cafeteria