SkyCity
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

SkyCity Employee Reviews in Auckland CBD, Auckland

Auckland CBD, Auckland9 reviews
If you don't mind shift work this job can be fun and exciting. It can also be very challenging at times. Promotions are far and few between. If you want to try out various roles Sky City has plenty.
It can be quite busy with customers travelling everyday. Be a computer savvy. Hardest part of the job is when you have to deal with angry customers, but I have learned to be professional and not to take customers complaint personal. The workplace culture is really friendly. The management team are really supportive.
Everyday life in Sky City Casino are very entertaining.The Management and staff treat you with respect and integrity. In my 17yrs experience at the Auckland branch has brought more skill in my life to help not only nurture myself but to teach, respect and nurture all walks of life that wish to have a future in such a pristine attraction.
The most I enjoyed of Sky City is the people I met and the staff.
Pros
Training, meetings, off site entertainment
Cons
Going to work on your day off.
great place to work with loads of opportunity when you work hard for it. Training in was fun but being on the other end of having to train others, although was a fabulous chance to share what you know was distracting to the normal day to day tasks. As it was very much a on the job learning environment.
Pros
2.50 meals
Cons
I enjoyed the day to day tasks I was given at my previous job, so many opportunities to further my career within the business.
With great optimism there is nothing that cannot be accomplished at SKYCITY. I really did enjoy my time there and my Management team were very supportive of my role not only in the job, but as a mother. They gave me great allowance of having my daughter come through for her feeds which made my transition going back into work so much easier and more enjoyable.
Pros
Benefits of buffet lunches at $2.50, people, busy and challenging environment, hours
Cons
Too far from where I stay and traffic in and out of town
Every day is new in the Casino; meeting variety of Players from different Ethnicities. Try to learn new languages and understand the needs of players. The management is very supportive and seniors with colleagues are friendly and helpful.

The hardest part is standing for all the time on Floor, but I enjoy working in Fun Environment
Pros
Insurancebenefits; friendly and helpful staff, 24 hours canteen, staff parking.
Cons
standing for long hours
Felt like a massive family! Fun & loved the workplace overall. The hardest part of the job were the hours...different functions meaning different start times everyday. Stuffs up your sleeping pattern.
Professional fine dining customer service experience.
Function holding and serving experience.

Bilingual working environment (Mandarin and English).

Explain and introduce Chinese cuisine and dining culture to European customers is the most interesting thing in this job.

Friendly workplace.
Pros
cheap staff buffet served 24/7
Cons
split shift
Full of diversed people. Complex management structure. Average salary for hospitality jobs. Food and beverages has a very high turnover for some outlets. Fun place to work though. :)
Pros
some hotels, meals are free. But you cant argue for 2.50 meals!