SkyCity
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

SkyCity Employee Reviews in Auckland City, Auckland

Auckland City, Auckland90 reviews
Working in Skycity was fun and purely physical job. I've learned in Skycity especially in steward department was that you can enjoy while working and the friendship built during that time.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
enjoy working , the management is good. lot of internal opportunities to grow .

You can ask for internal transfers , and learn and develop new skills.
A fun workplace with fast-paced and professional.
there are various opportunity and Skycity help in training your skills and knowledge. giving you the opportunity to grow
Upon the training, I was greeted with a very friendly work environment and overall, was not afraid to bring my whole self to the training. Due to the nature of the casino, I can't be my whole self as it's all about acting professional etc however in saying that it's not a handicap on having fun its more so guidance to allow you to have the best time as well as the customer.
You can work with so many friendly people from many different countries, so if you are from other countries, it's easy to get fitted to this work environment.
Pros
$2.50 for a meal at 24/7 cafeteria
Cons
irregular shifts
Best benefits was the buffet, end of year vouchers, discounted stays, free entry to sky tower plus 1 guest.

Good place to work, wasn't paid enough..
Management was really good but the salary was low. Hardest part of my job is to clean the whole kitchen by myself. I enjoyed working in the company because some of the colleagues were very friendly.
The management always plays favorites with their friends and bully other employees. They would go back on accepted leaves, and give it to other people. They would complain if you go in sick and if you call in sick.
Great staff relationships.
Top staff benefits.

Rewarding renummeration and pay.

Great industry to work in especially if one wants to travel abroad.

The company is involved a plenty in supporting the community eg, sporting franchises, and other organisations.
Skycity being a whole new place to work in where you can work in your choice of field as it has a lot of options to work in different fields all the time.
Pros
Getting to learn new things all the time
Cons
too many annoying people within the working force
Enjoyed my job, good people to work with. Hours are long and always on your feet. Wouldn’t suit lazy person. Meet lots of different people. Cheap food for staff.
Pros
Cheap lunch, free uniform
Cons
Rostered, shift work
i experienced lots in Skycity like meeting lots of new peoples with different cultures.
I really enjoyed working at Skycity as a dealer

great to work with well trained employees
Pros
staff cafeteria
Loved working here. People are easy going safe fun environment. Always a ladder to climb and learn. Never the same repetitive kind of job different every couple of hours
Pros
Cool people to work with. Meals are so cheap. Heaps of perks.
Cons
Distance to work
if you want to develop hospitality skills this is the right place. A lot of position available and a lot of shifts, and the perks are really good, like cheap food and discounts on stores.
Great company to work with, loads to learn fast paced and always something new happening. One of the best hotels to work in, if you are seeking a job in hospitality.
Pros
Great staff meal, health insurance covered
I was contacted by the Group to lead a team of management and staff , 6 x Manager's and 48 Staff FOH and BOH inclusive.
During my employ I was exposed to an exceptional support team from the Head Office and subsequently I was also surrounded by a highly trained and qualified group of management and Staff.

My team and I immersed ourselves in the common goal to provide exceptional customer service and delivery the highest quality of food and beverage to the guests.

Extremely professional organization to work for.
12hr shift work. two day shifts and two night shifts. management are understanding. great people within the teams to assist you if needed. hardest part of the job is being static at an entry point up to three hours.
Working for Skycity for almost 20 years I learnt and grew with the business throughout the years. I worked with several different cultures, meeting new people, the relationships/friendships I have encountered will be with me throughout my life. Hardest part of my job was ensuring staff and customers were always surrounded by a positive team and a safe environment. I am a positive individual and hard working who is looking for a new challenge,
Pros
subsidized meals/carparks/medical insurance
Cons
rotating shifts
Sky City Cinemas was a fast paced and exciting place to work for over 10 years. I was senior projectionist for a multiplex overseeing all aspects of theatre projection.
Pros
Job Growth
Great place to be in with supportive staff and team leaders. Greater opportunity learn and develop your career. attention do detail work and trained to deliver world-class service
I loved working as a cleaner I find my self very good at it as well. I enjoyed cleaning meeting others I had a blast working at sky city the months I was here for.
Pros
Free things
Cons
Dirty rooms