SkyCity

SkyCity Employee Reviews in Auckland City, Auckland

Kitchen Steward/ Pantry Hand (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland26 November 2019
Management was really good but the salary was low. Hardest part of my job is to clean the whole kitchen by myself. I enjoyed working in the company because some of the colleagues were very friendly.
A very toxic work environment
Auckland - Busser (Former Employee) –  Auckland4 October 2019
The management always plays favorites with their friends and bully other employees. They would go back on accepted leaves, and give it to other people. They would complain if you go in sick and if you call in sick.
Customer service at its best
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland17 August 2019
Great staff relationships.
Top staff benefits.
Rewarding renummeration and pay.
Great industry to work in especially if one wants to travel abroad.
The company is involved a plenty in supporting the community eg, sporting franchises, and other organisations.
Best place to work
Waiter (Current Employee) –  auckland28 July 2019
Skycity being a whole new place to work in where you can work in your choice of field as it has a lot of options to work in different fields all the time.
Pros
Getting to learn new things all the time
Cons
too many annoying people within the working force
Good place
Customer Service Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland10 April 2019
Enjoyed my job, good people to work with. Hours are long and always on your feet. Wouldn’t suit lazy person. Meet lots of different people. Cheap food for staff.
Pros
Cheap lunch, free uniform
Cons
Rostered, shift work
Everyday is Different
Gaming Table Dealer (Former Employee) –  Auckland23 August 2018
i experienced lots in Skycity like meeting lots of new peoples with different cultures.
I really enjoyed working at Skycity as a dealer
great to work with well trained employees
Pros
staff cafeteria
Absolutely fun
Table games dealer (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland14 August 2018
Loved working here. People are easy going safe fun environment. Always a ladder to climb and learn. Never the same repetitive kind of job different every couple of hours
Pros
Cool people to work with. Meals are so cheap. Heaps of perks.
Cons
Distance to work
good workplace
Busser (Current Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland2 July 2018
if you want to develop hospitality skills this is the right place. A lot of position available and a lot of shifts, and the perks are really good, like cheap food and discounts on stores.
Loads to learn and fast paced
Assistant Manager- Front Office (Former Employee) –  Auckland, New Zealand6 May 2018
Great company to work with, loads to learn fast paced and always something new happening. One of the best hotels to work in, if you are seeking a job in hospitality.
Pros
Great staff meal, health insurance covered
Extremely Professional Organisation
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland8 March 2018
I was contacted by the Group to lead a team of management and staff , 6 x Manager's and 48 Staff FOH and BOH inclusive.
During my employ I was exposed to an exceptional support team from the Head Office and subsequently I was also surrounded by a highly trained and qualified group of management and Staff.
My team and I immersed ourselves in the common goal to provide exceptional customer service and delivery the highest quality of food and beverage to the guests.
Extremely professional organization to work for.
fun work place
Security guard (Former Employee) –  auckland4 March 2018
12hr shift work. two day shifts and two night shifts. management are understanding. great people within the teams to assist you if needed. hardest part of the job is being static at an entry point up to three hours.
Exciting experience
casual Gaming Supervisor and part- time dealer (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland23 February 2018
Working for Skycity for almost 20 years I learnt and grew with the business throughout the years. I worked with several different cultures, meeting new people, the relationships/friendships I have encountered will be with me throughout my life. Hardest part of my job was ensuring staff and customers were always surrounded by a positive team and a safe environment. I am a positive individual and hard working who is looking for a new challenge,
Pros
subsidized meals/carparks/medical insurance
Cons
rotating shifts
Exciting culture of growth
Projectionist (Former Employee) –  Auckland, NZ12 February 2018
Sky City Cinemas was a fast paced and exciting place to work for over 10 years. I was senior projectionist for a multiplex overseeing all aspects of theatre projection.
Pros
Job Growth
Culturally diverse and fun place to be
Food and Beverage Attendant (Current Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland30 January 2018
Great place to be in with supportive staff and team leaders. Greater opportunity learn and develop your career. attention do detail work and trained to deliver world-class service
Awesome amazing views
Casual Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Auckland city8 January 2018
I loved working as a cleaner I find my self very good at it as well. I enjoyed cleaning meeting others I had a blast working at sky city the months I was here for.
Pros
Free things
Cons
Dirty rooms
Family like work environment
Food and Beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland26 December 2017
Everyday at work the co workers treat each other with respect and made the working culture an enjoyable one.
However as a student finishing work at 4:30am was rather difficult.
Pros
Available hours
Cons
Far too late end times.
Fulltime, Part time Waitress (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland5 December 2017
making the hours was the hardest part of the job and early starts for the morning shifts. the free meals for the breakfast shifts was most enjoyable of the job for us waiters.
Pros
free meals in the restaurant
Cons
early starts 4am
Very Diverse Environment and Fun
Kitchen Operations (Current Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland3 November 2017
Work life at SKYCITY is very fun there is a new thing to learn each day always have the chance to work as the team and great benefits for the staff. overall good career opportunity to work in SKYCITY
Pros
Diverse Environment
Cons
Long Hours
Fun workplace
Table games dealer (Current Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland27 October 2017
Good Work Environment
Lots to learns New Skills
Good Management
Good Benefits and salary
good opportunity to meet new people and maintain good relation ship
Pros
Good Staff Discount and benefits
Cons
Night Shift hours are a bit of hassle
This job is for those who are seeking career advancement in Hospitality field
Busser/Bar hand (Current Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland27 October 2017
Working at Skycity is awesome, they a lot of benefits even for casual employees. They have a floor dedicated only for employees, they provide heavily discounted buffet meals that are always healthy, they also provide shuttle services for everyone to make sure that they go home safe and sound.

Working on the floor in the casino is really exciting you never know whats gonna happen next, at one point you're working at a bar then the next you're on the other one helping them out. Learning things about drinks and learning skills from the bartender from many different bars are the highlight of this job. They even provide a lot of opportunities for everyone such as card dealer school and chef apprenticeships.
Pros
Cheap and healthy buffet, Shuttle service, Multiple career option

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SkyCity. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2