SkyCity Employee Reviews in Hamilton, Waikato

Hard on relationships and social life.
Commis Chef (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, Waikato27 February 2018
A great job for learning and advancing. But not the greatest management and always seem to be working overtime, They are forever understaffed and asking more of their employees. You are seldom rewarded for hard work but always seem to be made to feel like 'not a team player' when you refuse to do overtime.
Pros
Cheap Parking
Cons
Horrible organisation of rosters.
a day in the life of
Data entry specialist (Wardrobe) (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, Waikato2 February 2018
working at this work place has opened my eyes to the different varieties of cultures and different attitudes "No one day is the same".
The hardest part of working in this industry is that this place never sleeps so expect a call at short notice to come in to work and the long hours which is very hard if you have a young family,
Management styles can be very demanding and we find ourselves short staffed alot of the time which means we have to double our workload which guarantees a high turnover. overall i do enjoy my time at work and have met a lot of good people who i would call good friends.
Pros
nice food
Fun workplace
Cleaning Attendant (Current Employee) –  Hamilton1 March 2015
As a SKYCITY Hamilton team member, you’ll be part of a team of professionals who work in a fun and exciting environment. We have bars with live entertainment every weekend and gaming facilities. We also have a ten pin bowling alley and a Functions & Events venue for up to 350 people.

- I learned how to maintain the cleanliness and safety
- my co-workers are friendly
- the hardest part of my job is I am working 6 days straight
- the most enjoyable part of my job is you can go anywhere inside and out of the casino as long as related to my job because you need to maintain the cleanliness and safeness for all the people around it.
Bnz
volunteer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, N1 August 2014
I enjoy working here because I was studying finance in China. Managing money is my favorite thing to do. I enjoy explaining to different people how to manage their money and let them know what is the difference between different banks.
Pros
free food
Work Life
waitress full time (Former Employee) –  Hamilton29 September 2013
Had great co-workers and a constantly challenging job but was disappointed as to not being able to advance within the industry and head to where i wanted to be.
Pros
SkyCity Discounts
Cons
Not getting a chance to advance forward within the industry
Productive and fun place to work at
Kitchen Hand (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, N6 July 2013
Make sure kitchen is clean and tidy and ready for chefs to work in. The hardest part of the job is cleaning in a set time after the chefs has left. Good to look back when the work has been done and the kitchen is perfect.
Pros
Meeting people
Cons
Night shift, want day shift