SkyCity
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

SkyCity Employee Reviews for Casino Dealer

Casino Dealer7 reviews
New Zealand7 reviews
Upon the training, I was greeted with a very friendly work environment and overall, was not afraid to bring my whole self to the training. Due to the nature of the casino, I can't be my whole self as it's all about acting professional etc however in saying that it's not a handicap on having fun its more so guidance to allow you to have the best time as well as the customer.
i experienced lots in Skycity like meeting lots of new peoples with different cultures.
I really enjoyed working at Skycity as a dealer

great to work with well trained employees
Pros
staff cafeteria
Loved working here. People are easy going safe fun environment. Always a ladder to climb and learn. Never the same repetitive kind of job different every couple of hours
Pros
Cool people to work with. Meals are so cheap. Heaps of perks.
Cons
Distance to work
Everyday life in Sky City Casino are very entertaining.The Management and staff treat you with respect and integrity. In my 17yrs experience at the Auckland branch has brought more skill in my life to help not only nurture myself but to teach, respect and nurture all walks of life that wish to have a future in such a pristine attraction.
The most I enjoyed of Sky City is the people I met and the staff.
Pros
Training, meetings, off site entertainment
Cons
Going to work on your day off.
Good Work Environment
Lots to learns New Skills

Good Management

Good Benefits and salary

good opportunity to meet new people and maintain good relation ship
Pros
Good Staff Discount and benefits
Cons
Night Shift hours are a bit of hassle
Every day is new in the Casino; meeting variety of Players from different Ethnicities. Try to learn new languages and understand the needs of players. The management is very supportive and seniors with colleagues are friendly and helpful.

The hardest part is standing for all the time on Floor, but I enjoy working in Fun Environment
Pros
Insurancebenefits; friendly and helpful staff, 24 hours canteen, staff parking.
Cons
standing for long hours
working at Skycity Auckland is one of the lifetime experience that I will never forget. Time went very quick once you start your shift as you will be busy all the time. I learned so many things, from how to provide a 5- stars customer service to multi-task. Not only you are doing your job but you are actually playing with the customers. Nothing better than having fun while get pay, and this is what you get at Skycity. Co-workers are extremely friendly and willing o help you out at all time. I learned so much from my supervisors and managers, they are patient and friendly with their staffs.
The hardest part of the job is the flexibility roster, as a part timer, I get shifts all over the place, one day i will get a day time shift and the next could be a night shift , so i find it difficult to adjust to the flexi timetable. other than that, everything is manageable.

The most enjoyable part of the job would definitely be able to work in a busy, fun, entertain and exciting place, you will witness big celebrations from big wins, but at the same time sad cases from the unlucky ones.
Pros
discount carpark, staff price meals, ready-to-wear uniform
Cons
flexibility