SKYCITY Employee Reviews for Casino Dealer

Absolutely fun
Table games dealer (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland14 August 2018
Loved working here. People are easy going safe fun environment. Always a ladder to climb and learn. Never the same repetitive kind of job different every couple of hours
Pros
Cool people to work with. Meals are so cheap. Heaps of perks.
Cons
Distance to work
Awesome workplace
TABLE GAMES SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Auckland CBD, Auckland12 February 2018
Everyday life in Sky City Casino are very entertaining.The Management and staff treat you with respect and integrity. In my 17yrs experience at the Auckland branch has brought more skill in my life to help not only nurture myself but to teach, respect and nurture all walks of life that wish to have a future in such a pristine attraction.
The most I enjoyed of Sky City is the people I met and the staff.
Pros
Training, meetings, off site entertainment
Cons
Going to work on your day off.
Fun workplace
Table games dealer (Current Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland27 October 2017
Good Work Environment
Lots to learns New Skills
Good Management
Good Benefits and salary
good opportunity to meet new people and maintain good relation ship
Pros
Good Staff Discount and benefits
Cons
Night Shift hours are a bit of hassle
Everyday learning with fun & enjoyment
Table Games Dealer (Current Employee) –  Auckland CBD, Auckland16 October 2017
Every day is new in the Casino; meeting variety of Players from different Ethnicities. Try to learn new languages and understand the needs of players. The management is very supportive and seniors with colleagues are friendly and helpful.

The hardest part is standing for all the time on Floor, but I enjoy working in Fun Environment
Pros
Insurancebenefits; friendly and helpful staff, 24 hours canteen, staff parking.
Cons
standing for long hours
fun and productive environment
Table game dealer (Former Employee) –  Auckland, N11 October 2015
working at Skycity Auckland is one of the lifetime experience that I will never forget. Time went very quick once you start your shift as you will be busy all the time. I learned so many things, from how to provide a 5- stars customer service to multi-task. Not only you are doing your job but you are actually playing with the customers. Nothing better than having fun while get pay, and this is what you get at Skycity. Co-workers are extremely friendly and willing o help you out at all time. I learned so much from my supervisors and managers, they are patient and friendly with their staffs.
The hardest part of the job is the flexibility roster, as a part timer, I get shifts all over the place, one day i will get a day time shift and the next could be a night shift , so i find it difficult to adjust to the flexi timetable. other than that, everything is manageable.
The most enjoyable part of the job would definitely be able to work in a busy, fun, entertain and exciting place, you will witness big celebrations from big wins, but at the same time sad cases from the unlucky ones.
Pros
discount carpark, staff price meals, ready-to-wear uniform
Cons
flexibility