SkyCity
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

SkyCity Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative6 reviews
New Zealand6 reviews
Best benefits was the buffet, end of year vouchers, discounted stays, free entry to sky tower plus 1 guest.

Good place to work, wasn't paid enough..
Enjoyed my job, good people to work with. Hours are long and always on your feet. Wouldn’t suit lazy person. Meet lots of different people. Cheap food for staff.
Pros
Cheap lunch, free uniform
Cons
Rostered, shift work
I learned how to control my temper and not getting angry at customers, I learned how to communicate with people more often now, my manager always made sure I was on the right track. Everyone was always on a positive attitude, everyone knows each other and makes people feel welcomed an all. The hardest part of the job is trying to keep your customers happy and get what they need before the end of the call.
Cons
Different timetables
Rotating shift work over a 24 hour, 7 day period. Thousands of visitors a day, most of them repeat business. All my shifts were over a 10 hour work day which would be busy from clock in to clock out. High level of professionality and customer relations. I learnt how to deal with customers from all over the world with varying needs and cultural backgrounds/sensitivities. This was all helped my amazing support from management as my job was self managed with 100% autonomy. The hardest part of the job was trying to greet every customer and not allowing anyone to go unnoticed. This aided in our Host Responsibility requirements. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting thousands of people from all walks of life and making connections with them all.
Pros
Cheap lunch, staff discounts
Cons
No laundry service
I have a passion for customer service so the highlight of my job is getting to meet different people from all walks of life, internal and external. To hear some of their stories has also taught me and emphasized a personal quality of being more open minded when dealing/meeting different people. Like the saying gos 'Dont Judge a book by it's cover'
Pros
subsidized lunches, cheap carparking, staff benefits
Cons
24/7 operational business. rotating rosters.
Team work, communication with supervisors, interact with guest, time management to complete task, work fast and smart. Enjoyed my work in sky city.