SKYCITY Employee Reviews for Server

Fun workplace.
Waitress (Former Employee) –  New Zealand21 May 2018
Great training ground for customer service. Enjoyable working with other employees especially with your same nationality. I learned to do multi-tasking.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
when we have a promotion and few people working.
Fulltime, Part time Waitress (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland5 December 2017
making the hours was the hardest part of the job and early starts for the morning shifts. the free meals for the breakfast shifts was most enjoyable of the job for us waiters.
Pros
free meals in the restaurant
Cons
early starts 4am
Learning work environment
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland24 June 2017
extensive menu to learn and it keeps on changing. The wine and food pairing is done seriously which is a good skill to learn. The japanese restaurant at skycity has best house-made drinks ever tried.
positive, successful workplace
senior waitress (Current Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland18 March 2017
Multifunctional hospitality industry including dining, accommodation, and entertainment casino facilities.
Professional hospitality working environment.
Perfect management and employee benefits.
Pros
free uniform pick up and clean
productive, fun, and friendly workplace
Senior waitress (Current Employee) –  Auckland CBD, Auckland18 March 2017
Professional fine dining customer service experience.
Function holding and serving experience.
Bilingual working environment (Mandarin and English).
Explain and introduce Chinese cuisine and dining culture to European customers is the most interesting thing in this job.
Friendly workplace.
Pros
cheap staff buffet served 24/7
Cons
split shift
Productive and satisfying
Waiter (Current Employee) –  Auckland13 March 2017
As Fortuna is a buffet restaurant, a typical day at work would include clearing plates, setting up tables and taking drink orders. Customer relationship skills and fulfilling customer requests rapidly is some of many skills I've learnt on the job. As I've only worked in hospitality, I am looking to expand my skills and gain experience in other areas.
Fun atmosphere.
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland7 February 2016
Working there for the time I did was a great learning experience. The staff and customers were genuine and easy to connect with.
Learning KIWI requirement s a employee & customer
Wait Staff (Current Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland17 January 2016
Amazing working culture and worth of my ideas. Learning what I need to be a successful professional.
Mostly Enjoyable days
Transparent Management
Helpful co-workers
Hardest part is to do back of house work
Most enjoyable part is I learned lots of culture and learned about the cultures.
workplace in skycity
Waiting Staff/ Cashier (Current Employee) –  Auckland12 October 2015
My work in the skycity is cash handling. In this country, I learned difference cultural differences and how you will deal with them. The management in New Zealand differs in my country because you can address the boss with their casual name. Sometimes you have to be patience and always put smile on your face. Just think positive everyday and be thankful we are in the peaceful place like New Zealand. Life is too hard being away from your family. The management in Skycity is good because they feel you as part of the family. Working in 24/7 restaurant is enjoyable . Meeting huge numbers of staffs dining in the restaurant. Approximately 2000 to 3000 mostly dining in the restaurant. Especially meeting them with different culture and some have conversation with them. Sharing their joy , laughters, sometimes their stories in life too. Foods are exciting what dishes to be prepare everyday. Healthy choices are also available in the restaurant.
Pros
Staff benefits
Cons
cultural differences
great chance and skills
Waiter (Casual) (Current Employee) –  Auckland, N21 July 2015
it is part time work. i am learning a great deal of knowledge about hospitality industry including customer service, till management, cash management, diverse culture environment, food and hygiene, dealing with complainant, serving food and buffet,
Pros
free uniforms, discounted food
Cons
sunrise shift
It is a safe and fun work environment
Waiter/Action Host (Former Employee) –  Auckland City7 March 2015
Day to day work at Skycity is happy fun
I have learned to so much about customer service and how to do extra mile to delivery customer service beyond expectations. Management is good and treating employees well. My co-workers were very supportive and helpful as well. The only hard part of the job is when the roster is changed but so far it is okay, I have adjusted to this type of work environment and have adopted to it. I enjoy going to work everyday as we are happy at work dealing with customers and helping/assisting them makes us smile as it is very rewarding when customers are happy and contented on the expected customer they experienced.
Pros
subsidsed meal, free beverages
Cons
no comment its just okay
Work Life
waitress full time (Former Employee) –  Hamilton29 September 2013
Had great co-workers and a constantly challenging job but was disappointed as to not being able to advance within the industry and head to where i wanted to be.
Pros
SkyCity Discounts
Cons
Not getting a chance to advance forward within the industry