SKYCITY Management reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Auckland CBD, Auckland18 May 2018
It can be quite busy with customers travelling everyday. Be a computer savvy. Hardest part of the job is when you have to deal with angry customers, but I have learned to be professional and not to take customers complaint personal. The workplace culture is really friendly. The management team are really supportive.
Extremely Professional Organisation
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland8 March 2018
I was contacted by the Group to lead a team of management and staff , 6 x Manager's and 48 Staff FOH and BOH inclusive.
During my employ I was exposed to an exceptional support team from the Head Office and subsequently I was also surrounded by a highly trained and qualified group of management and Staff.
My team and I immersed ourselves in the common goal to provide exceptional customer service and delivery the highest quality of food and beverage to the guests.
Extremely professional organization to work for.
fun work place
Security guard (Former Employee) –  auckland4 March 2018
12hr shift work. two day shifts and two night shifts. management are understanding. great people within the teams to assist you if needed. hardest part of the job is being static at an entry point up to three hours.
Hard on relationships and social life.
Commis Chef (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, Waikato27 February 2018
A great job for learning and advancing. But not the greatest management and always seem to be working overtime, They are forever understaffed and asking more of their employees. You are seldom rewarded for hard work but always seem to be made to feel like 'not a team player' when you refuse to do overtime.
Pros
Cheap Parking
Cons
Horrible organisation of rosters.
Awesome workplace
TABLE GAMES SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Auckland CBD, Auckland12 February 2018
Everyday life in Sky City Casino are very entertaining.The Management and staff treat you with respect and integrity. In my 17yrs experience at the Auckland branch has brought more skill in my life to help not only nurture myself but to teach, respect and nurture all walks of life that wish to have a future in such a pristine attraction.
The most I enjoyed of Sky City is the people I met and the staff.
Pros
Training, meetings, off site entertainment
Cons
Going to work on your day off.
a day in the life of
Data entry specialist (Wardrobe) (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, Waikato2 February 2018
working at this work place has opened my eyes to the different varieties of cultures and different attitudes "No one day is the same".
The hardest part of working in this industry is that this place never sleeps so expect a call at short notice to come in to work and the long hours which is very hard if you have a young family,
Management styles can be very demanding and we find ourselves short staffed alot of the time which means we have to double our workload which guarantees a high turnover. overall i do enjoy my time at work and have met a lot of good people who i would call good friends.
Pros
nice food
Cons
Busy working environment, challenging and fun
Hotel Administrator (Former Employee) –  Auckland CBD, Auckland24 November 2017
I enjoyed the day to day tasks I was given at my previous job, so many opportunities to further my career within the business.
With great optimism there is nothing that cannot be accomplished at SKYCITY. I really did enjoy my time there and my Management team were very supportive of my role not only in the job, but as a mother. They gave me great allowance of having my daughter come through for her feeds which made my transition going back into work so much easier and more enjoyable.
Pros
Benefits of buffet lunches at $2.50, people, busy and challenging environment, hours
Cons
Too far from where I stay and traffic in and out of town
Fun workplace
Table games dealer (Current Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland27 October 2017
Good Work Environment
Lots to learns New Skills
Good Management
Good Benefits and salary
good opportunity to meet new people and maintain good relation ship
Pros
Good Staff Discount and benefits
Cons
Night Shift hours are a bit of hassle
Everyday learning with fun & enjoyment
Table Games Dealer (Current Employee) –  Auckland CBD, Auckland16 October 2017
Every day is new in the Casino; meeting variety of Players from different Ethnicities. Try to learn new languages and understand the needs of players. The management is very supportive and seniors with colleagues are friendly and helpful.

The hardest part is standing for all the time on Floor, but I enjoy working in Fun Environment
Pros
Insurancebenefits; friendly and helpful staff, 24 hours canteen, staff parking.
Cons
standing for long hours
Fun place to work
Housekeeping Attendant (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland5 October 2017
Housekeeping work is challenging job cos we need to meet hotel requirements. Fun working in Skycity
Learnt to be more sharp and fast moving
Management is good and take care staff welfare
Work place is awesome
To meet the timing during busy time
Meeting many different type people
Fun work place
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland11 July 2017
It is very busy on every Friday and Saturday.
I learn lots of skills and how to do perfect work on smart way.
Excellent management with staff supportive.
It is multi culture workplace.
Nothing is the hardest part of the job, if you do work on a smart way.
I enjoy my work whether it is hard or easy.
Pros
Limited work
Cons
Some restrictions.
It's a job
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Auckland5 July 2017
If you need a job then this is the place to work because they hire any and everyone whether you have experience or not. Management are good at times but will often make you feel like your obligated to work instead of making you feel welcome.
Prepare yourself for hard duties, long hours and a slack pay......but hey its a job!
They go on about staff meals being discounted but to be brutally honest the food aunt that great at all, it may be great when corporates are in but for the ones that work nightshifts it's like eating 3rd day leftovers.
15 years here so I know what I'm talking about.
Pros
Cheap staff cafe food.
Cons
Staff cafe food is yuck.
positive, successful workplace
senior waitress (Current Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland18 March 2017
Multifunctional hospitality industry including dining, accommodation, and entertainment casino facilities.
Professional hospitality working environment.
Perfect management and employee benefits.
Pros
free uniform pick up and clean
high culture environment
Food &Beverage Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Auckland CBD, Auckland18 March 2017
Full of diversed people. Complex management structure. Average salary for hospitality jobs. Food and beverages has a very high turnover for some outlets. Fun place to work though. :)
Pros
some hotels, meals are free. But you cant argue for 2.50 meals!
High paced, high volume customer focused employer, NZs largest entertainment facility.
Customer Service Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Auckland NZ21 February 2017
Rotating shift work over a 24 hour, 7 day period. Thousands of visitors a day, most of them repeat business. All my shifts were over a 10 hour work day which would be busy from clock in to clock out. High level of professionality and customer relations. I learnt how to deal with customers from all over the world with varying needs and cultural backgrounds/sensitivities. This was all helped my amazing support from management as my job was self managed with 100% autonomy. The hardest part of the job was trying to greet every customer and not allowing anyone to go unnoticed. This aided in our Host Responsibility requirements. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting thousands of people from all walks of life and making connections with them all.
Pros
Cheap lunch, staff discounts
Cons
No laundry service
learning and motivational work place
Mini bar attendant (Current Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland5 September 2016
Skycity Grand hotel is a fantastic property where one can learn, develop and groom. Motivating and supporting management team as well as co-workers will make your work day the best.
Fun Eviorement
Provide Trainings
Multi Cultured Working Environment
Learning KIWI requirement s a employee & customer
Wait Staff (Current Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland17 January 2016
Amazing working culture and worth of my ideas. Learning what I need to be a successful professional.
Mostly Enjoyable days
Transparent Management
Helpful co-workers
Hardest part is to do back of house work
Most enjoyable part is I learned lots of culture and learned about the cultures.
workplace in skycity
Waiting Staff/ Cashier (Current Employee) –  Auckland12 October 2015
My work in the skycity is cash handling. In this country, I learned difference cultural differences and how you will deal with them. The management in New Zealand differs in my country because you can address the boss with their casual name. Sometimes you have to be patience and always put smile on your face. Just think positive everyday and be thankful we are in the peaceful place like New Zealand. Life is too hard being away from your family. The management in Skycity is good because they feel you as part of the family. Working in 24/7 restaurant is enjoyable . Meeting huge numbers of staffs dining in the restaurant. Approximately 2000 to 3000 mostly dining in the restaurant. Especially meeting them with different culture and some have conversation with them. Sharing their joy , laughters, sometimes their stories in life too. Foods are exciting what dishes to be prepare everyday. Healthy choices are also available in the restaurant.
Pros
Staff benefits
Cons
cultural differences
great chance and skills
Waiter (Casual) (Current Employee) –  Auckland, N21 July 2015
it is part time work. i am learning a great deal of knowledge about hospitality industry including customer service, till management, cash management, diverse culture environment, food and hygiene, dealing with complainant, serving food and buffet,
Pros
free uniforms, discounted food
Cons
sunrise shift