SkyCity
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

SkyCity Pay & Benefits reviews

Working here (in SkyCity casino) as been extremely fun! We have staff and customers from all different backgrounds, 100s of people going in and out every day so it’s a great place to meet many interesting people. The company is very well structured and makes sure to look after their employees and give benefits. They award the staff that are hard working and make sure they are known, on the monthly staff newspapers. As for the cafeteria, we are given free coffee, hot chocolate, juice, the ‘buffet’ meals for staff are only $2.50, and very cheaply priced branded drinks (V, red bull, etc). Some other benefits include free access to SkyTower (+1 guest for free too), yearly Christmas F&B vouchers, discounted hotel rates for staff. My department’s managers are amazing and always look after us. My coworkers are some of the friendliest people I’ve ever met and we treat each other like family. Our uniforms are tailored and look amazing. The interview process was fun, and so were the trainings too! Also the environment inside the casino is amazing, especially when it’s busy, it’s a whole different world. A great place to work at!
Pros
$2.50 ‘buffet’ meal that is open for staff 24/7, Christmas F&B vouchers, Free acces to SkyTower & discounted hotel rates, Great management and coworkers who care for each other, Safe environment.
Cons
Since SkyCity casino is open 24hr, some people have to work through the night and can be hard for some, but everyone has a choice.
Good atmosphere to work in . Amazing Co-Workers & Management wasn't bad either . Really fun environment. No two days are ever the same . One day it can be really busy and the next really quite
Pros
Discounted lunch .
Cons
The hours were good to begin with, but slowly reduced throughout the year until I decided to seek more hours elsewhere. The managers I had contact with were kind and helpful, and assisted me whenever I asked. I was on the 2017 minimum wage, so that wasn't great, but as a first real job it was good enough to pay rent and food in Auckland. I wouldn't go back to working there again If I could help it.
Pros
Cheap but good quality food for employees, occasionally free if working in restaurant near dinner time.
Cons
Informal "training", sometimes unclear.
Working in Skycity was fun and purely physical job. I've learned in Skycity especially in steward department was that you can enjoy while working and the friendship built during that time.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
You can work with so many friendly people from many different countries, so if you are from other countries, it's easy to get fitted to this work environment.
Pros
$2.50 for a meal at 24/7 cafeteria
Cons
irregular shifts
Best benefits was the buffet, end of year vouchers, discounted stays, free entry to sky tower plus 1 guest. Good place to work, wasn't paid enough..
Management was really good but the salary was low. Hardest part of my job is to clean the whole kitchen by myself. I enjoyed working in the company because some of the colleagues were very friendly.
Professional working environment valuing employees skills by providing carrier opportunities to develop in to next level Great employment benifits to all staff and good pay rates offer depending of level of experience.
Great staff relationships. Top staff benefits. Rewarding renummeration and pay. Great industry to work in especially if one wants to travel abroad. The company is involved a plenty in supporting the community eg, sporting franchises, and other organisations.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at SkyCity?
Enjoyed my job, good people to work with. Hours are long and always on your feet. Wouldn’t suit lazy person. Meet lots of different people. Cheap food for staff.
Pros
Cheap lunch, free uniform
Cons
Rostered, shift work
if you want to develop hospitality skills this is the right place. A lot of position available and a lot of shifts, and the perks are really good, like cheap food and discounts on stores.
Great company to work with, loads to learn fast paced and always something new happening. One of the best hotels to work in, if you are seeking a job in hospitality.
Pros
Great staff meal, health insurance covered
working at this work place has opened my eyes to the different varieties of cultures and different attitudes "No one day is the same". The hardest part of working in this industry is that this place never sleeps so expect a call at short notice to come in to work and the long hours which is very hard if you have a young family, Management styles can be very demanding and we find ourselves short staffed alot of the time which means we have to double our workload which guarantees a high turnover. overall i do enjoy my time at work and have met a lot of good people who i would call good friends.
Pros
nice food
Cons
making the hours was the hardest part of the job and early starts for the morning shifts. the free meals for the breakfast shifts was most enjoyable of the job for us waiters.
Pros
free meals in the restaurant
Cons
early starts 4am
I enjoyed the day to day tasks I was given at my previous job, so many opportunities to further my career within the business. With great optimism there is nothing that cannot be accomplished at SKYCITY. I really did enjoy my time there and my Management team were very supportive of my role not only in the job, but as a mother. They gave me great allowance of having my daughter come through for her feeds which made my transition going back into work so much easier and more enjoyable.
Pros
Benefits of buffet lunches at $2.50, people, busy and challenging environment, hours
Cons
Too far from where I stay and traffic in and out of town
Work life at SKYCITY is very fun there is a new thing to learn each day always have the chance to work as the team and great benefits for the staff. overall good career opportunity to work in SKYCITY
Pros
Diverse Environment
Cons
Long Hours
Good Work Environment Lots to learns New Skills Good Management Good Benefits and salary good opportunity to meet new people and maintain good relation ship
Pros
Good Staff Discount and benefits
Cons
Night Shift hours are a bit of hassle
Working at Skycity is awesome, they a lot of benefits even for casual employees. They have a floor dedicated only for employees, they provide heavily discounted buffet meals that are always healthy, they also provide shuttle services for everyone to make sure that they go home safe and sound. Working on the floor in the casino is really exciting you never know whats gonna happen next, at one point you're working at a bar then the next you're on the other one helping them out. Learning things about drinks and learning skills from the bartender from many different bars are the highlight of this job. They even provide a lot of opportunities for everyone such as card dealer school and chef apprenticeships.
Pros
Cheap and healthy buffet, Shuttle service, Multiple career option
Every day is new in the Casino; meeting variety of Players from different Ethnicities. Try to learn new languages and understand the needs of players. The management is very supportive and seniors with colleagues are friendly and helpful. The hardest part is standing for all the time on Floor, but I enjoy working in Fun Environment
Pros
Insurancebenefits; friendly and helpful staff, 24 hours canteen, staff parking.
Cons
standing for long hours
Great place to work in. Very productive and fun A very positive and a good environment to work in. Requires a great deal of good customer service to deal with this job.
Pros
Cheap lunch
Cons
Good hours
Multifunctional hospitality industry including dining, accommodation, and entertainment casino facilities. Professional hospitality working environment. Perfect management and employee benefits.
Pros
free uniform pick up and clean