Sedgwick

New Zealand4 reviews

2.8Work–Life Balance

Found 4 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,283 reviews

Busy and Stressful Envoirnment

During a major storm in Auckland and Northland New Zealand, the building unit was expanded to cope with an influx of building claims. The unit was inundated with calls and emails from clients looking to resolve and process insurance claims.

Pros

Casual Fridays

Cons

Long hours, Dealing with complaints

Overall a great place to work, wonderful people with great support.

This was a job based in Auckland, New Zealand. I really enjoyed my time here and was able to learn a lot about a business that was completely new to me. I worked with a wonderful team and had great training and support.

Fun place to work

Experience gained in handling Business Interruption claims. Great team to work with, bouncing ideas off each other

Pros

x

Cons

x

Management was absent and ineffective - no direction given

Management was reactive rather than pro active. The project manager was based in the North Island and only visited on odd occassions and then had little contact. We were left mainly to our own devises. Llittle concern was given to staff welfare and health & safety.My job was to sample a range of properties identified as a random sample - either desk audit or site audit the property and compare this to the assessors report, looking for irregularities or incorrect damage reports and repair costs and spread sheet these findings looking for any trends. At various times I co ordinated the other staff members as required.The most important thing management need to consider is their staff. Happy staff working in a good environment produces a higher work output than an environment where management fails to lead by example and leaving staff with no direction or reward.The most enjoyable part of the job was doing the assessing correctly and finding suitable repair methods and costs that related better to the insurance policy.

Pros

the money was good - meeting and working with good work collegues

Cons

long working hours and living away from home

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sedgwick. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Sedgwick