Senate Nursing Bureau Employee Reviews

I am very happy
Registerd Nurse Full time (Current Employee) –  New Zealand11 January 2020
I am very happy with Senate nursing Bureau. Very supportive team. Good management. I would like to thank Senate for giving me a great opportunity to work with them.
Unequal treatment of workers
Support worker (Current Employee) –  Christchurch, Canterbury10 November 2018
Pay rate does not equal qualifications. Too many workers not enuf work. Favours people needing guaranteed hours for visa requirements. Uniform of poor quality for the price.
Pros
Variety of workplaces to upskill. Wonderful people you care for
Cons
Below guaranteed wage rate depending on who you are, Told there is much work available there is not, Sometimes the distance travelled makes tbe job pointless financially, Have to buy own uniform.
Albany
Nurse assistant (Former Employee) –  Apollo Drive Albany21 August 2018
Flexible hours and different days. Learned to work with different people, good management. Cultural safety. The hardest part if the client, not cooperates in the care.
Pros
morning tea and lunch
Cons
4 - 6 hours
Work at your convenient time.
HEALTH CARE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Christchurch, Canterbury9 May 2018
Work starts in various facilities. You can learn a lot on use of transfer equipments, facility best practices. The hardest part of the job could be the various shifts you take. The fun part is you work at your on your own schedule as permitted.
Pros
Flexible Hours, Multicultural Environment
productive
CAREGIVER (Former Employee) –  Albany, Auckland13 April 2018
Good rates, good team management and well as the workers. Hardest part when you do not know your fixed days that you need to work at. This is casual you are just call in when you are needed . Learn lots of stuff that are very important to look after the elderly people
Pros
bonus with good performances
Cons
long hours when the person need to replace you didnt show up
ok
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Plymouth, Taranaki3 December 2017
good at first then no hours and that didnt work for me so i left
nothing more to say
no use working for them as you have to pay for your own uniform
Different facilicties different routines applied.
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palmerston North, Manawatu-Wanganui and Feilding.28 November 2017
Normal working days.
Work as a team, respect others.
Very good management.
If someone distracted my day.
Complete or finished my job before I leave the place.
Pros
Well because I worked different facilities so I have to take my own.
Cons
Depend on shifts they offered to you in a week.
Renumeration, costs incurred by SW's
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Auckland18 November 2017
Renumeration - Beware!!

Senates hourly rates are not based on qualifications. Numerous SW's with only level 2 qualifications are paid a much higher hourly rate than them, on an advanced level of training with many years hands-on experience. SW's in this position may end up being milked and employed on the cheap, if they are not wise to this.

Must pay for uniform.

Are not paid when attending Senate training days.

Often very long distance travel too and from job is over and above earning for the day, especially when one factors in the extra time required to drive the longer journey. Do not pay mileage...

To conclude, do the math before excepting a shift!!!
Pros
clients are more than often lovely people.
Cons
Senate's questionable take on renumeration.
Competetive
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Shore, Auckland4 October 2017
I learned a lot from Senate. They have a huge impact on my experiences as a caregiver today. I was able to challenge myself on different working environment. And learned to handle my time wisely in order to finish my job.
great help
Healthcare Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland16 July 2017
This facility was the one who helped me during my down times with regards to my visa status. Also they gave me enough hours to support me financially. forever grateful for this company and the management.
Pros
Heaps of hours and good pay
fun work palce
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland21 June 2017
I worked for as a Nursing Buerau like on call and travel where ever the want me to go to...
I like work morning Mon to Fri... Ive learned heaps. I can manage any kind of work can be with me. I love culture activity..
The hardest part of the job is travel far for work. The most enjoyedable part was, I have some experience for looking after older people, and thats my dream for looking after my parents.
Pros
free lunch
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auckland25 April 2017
Not enough work but too many workers... good management very poor pay rate not much bonus but too much traveling. Very hard job they picked for workers to take but underpay
Pros
Pick ur own availability
Cons
Underpay
Care Assistant
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Zealand21 February 2017
I work within care settings where I complete personal care for clients who need help, I also complete any daily tasks that need to be completed during a shift this could be cleaning, laundry, cooking or personal care for the individuals. Each day is different and offers me different skills and knowledge that I can bring to another work setting.
Good for those who looks for variety at work.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland9 February 2017
Different work place everyday. Meet new staff everyday and learn new and different rules and regulations. Make new friends. Fast learning and comply to varied regulations. Friendly workplace with a good teamwork. Get used to new facility in no time as well as the regulations is a challenge. Meeting new people and making friends is the most enjoyable part of work.
Pros
different work field.
Cons
Travel to new places.
Generally a great team but insufficient work
Snr HCA (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, Waikato8 February 2017
Being casual oncall I did not get sufficient work to meet my commitments in the home.

Some shifts that came through were not done because they were cancelled at the last minute
Pros
Job content was great
Cons
Not enough work
ABI Rehabilation Ranui
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Auckland1 December 2016
I have learned to work in a team as well to handle challenging behavior of the clients. It was really hard on the very first day of my job, I was really nervous but my co-coordinator help me to overcome my nervousness as she was taught a lot of techniques which made my work very easy.
care giver & kitchen hand
Kitchen Hand (Current Employee) –  Whangarei, Northland kamo puriri court13 November 2016
senate bureau care giver ONLY ON CALL

Puriri Court Kitchen hand sometimes nice
hours,sometimes not much i still work there
Pros
its nice
Cons
long hours is ok for me
Neat and tidy facility
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Shore, Auckland27 October 2016
Shona McFarlane Village is a very neat and relaxing place to work at. Fun and loving atmosphere to be around. Great staff and boss. A place i would recommend to anyone I come across
Pros
Free meals
Casual worker
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Taranaki20 October 2016
Competitive pay rates. you pay for your uniform.
Training can be offered.
Work is in most areas in New Zealand.
I have enjoyed working for the nursing bureau and currently still employed as a casual worker.
Pros
competitive pay rates, time and a quarter in weekends
Cons
short notice at times
enjoyable and learning enviornment
health care assitant (Current Employee) –  Tauranga, Bay of Plenty23 March 2016
Normally I used to do this type of work, but we can assist the patient to wash and dress and assisting them. I learned team work and good communication. If the management expect some work then i will try my best because i will be part of organisation. A task of the care giver is big task, we have to help co workers, when they need. When we need some help and if your co-worker does not help you i think its hardest part of the job. My basic hobby is, to help the helpless people if I take care of them and if i successfully complete different tasks of my daily life then i get relaxation at my work place.