Senate Nursing Bureau
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Senate Nursing Bureau Employee Reviews

New Zealand33 reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

Great team of people to work with

I have been a casual worker with Senate Nursing Bureau for three years and they are a great team to work with. I have graduated from HCA to Enrolled Nurse during employment and I am looking forward to Nursing positions. Great communication, flexible and friendly.

Flexible hours, heaps of shifts available.

Highly recommended. Very flexible hours. Can work when you want to . You will be working in different facilities every week . You can request to stick to one facility if you wish to.

Pros

Good pay, management very friendly, flexible hours, telephone consultants are very friendly

Cons

Shirt notice shifts, Sometimes send to facilities far away from where you live .

It is a great organization.

Good response for whatever asked. Payment at proper times.Facilities where work is provided is good. Shifts are given according to our choice of area and length.

Pros

Shifts availability is good.

Cons

Sometimes long distances to travel.

Senate is good

Senate Nursing Bureau gives competitive salary for their employees. They also hire students who are doing part-time jobs. The management is very supportive to the employees and they support the migrant workers to have their working visa.

Pros

Plenty of work schedule from different facilities.

Cons

No fix schedule. Working to different facilities around the city.

Very noce and caring staff

Some times staff forces to work even you are sick or onces you have taken a shift and you got sick they forced you to work Other wise they are cool and good . Love to work with them

Productive and fun

Senate employers go different places each time.But most probably same place preffered the each person. Because the facility recommend the regular staff. senate always trained the staff. Its flexible hours, and shifts. The office staff very friendly and kind.

I am very happy

I am very happy with Senate nursing Bureau. Very supportive team. Good management. I would like to thank Senate for giving me a great opportunity to work with them.

Unequal treatment of workers

Pay rate does not equal qualifications. Too many workers not enuf work. Favours people needing guaranteed hours for visa requirements. Uniform of poor quality for the price.

Pros

Variety of workplaces to upskill. Wonderful people you care for

Cons

Below guaranteed wage rate depending on who you are, Told there is much work available there is not, Sometimes the distance travelled makes tbe job pointless financially, Have to buy own uniform.

Albany

Flexible hours and different days. Learned to work with different people, good management. Cultural safety. The hardest part if the client, not cooperates in the care.

Pros

morning tea and lunch

Cons

4 - 6 hours

Work at your convenient time.

Work starts in various facilities. You can learn a lot on use of transfer equipments, facility best practices. The hardest part of the job could be the various shifts you take. The fun part is you work at your on your own schedule as permitted.

Pros

Flexible Hours, Multicultural Environment

productive

Good rates, good team management and well as the workers. Hardest part when you do not know your fixed days that you need to work at. This is casual you are just call in when you are needed . Learn lots of stuff that are very important to look after the elderly people

Pros

bonus with good performances

Cons

long hours when the person need to replace you didnt show up

ok

good at first then no hours and that didnt work for me so i left nothing more to say no use working for them as you have to pay for your own uniform

Different facilicties different routines applied.

Normal working days. Work as a team, respect others. Very good management. If someone distracted my day. Complete or finished my job before I leave the place.

Pros

Well because I worked different facilities so I have to take my own.

Cons

Depend on shifts they offered to you in a week.

Renumeration, costs incurred by SW's

Renumeration - Beware!! Senates hourly rates are not based on qualifications. Numerous SW's with only level 2 qualifications are paid a much higher hourly rate than them, on an advanced level of training with many years hands-on experience. SW's in this position may end up being milked and employed on the cheap, if they are not wise to this. Must pay for uniform. Are not paid when attending Senate training days. Often very long distance travel too and from job is over and above earning for the day, especially when one factors in the extra time required to drive the longer journey. Do not pay mileage... To conclude, do the math before excepting a shift!!!

Pros

clients are more than often lovely people.

Cons

Senate's questionable take on renumeration.

Competetive

I learned a lot from Senate. They have a huge impact on my experiences as a caregiver today. I was able to challenge myself on different working environment. And learned to handle my time wisely in order to finish my job.

great help

This facility was the one who helped me during my down times with regards to my visa status. Also they gave me enough hours to support me financially. forever grateful for this company and the management.

Pros

Heaps of hours and good pay

fun work palce

I worked for as a Nursing Buerau like on call and travel where ever the want me to go to... I like work morning Mon to Fri... Ive learned heaps. I can manage any kind of work can be with me. I love culture activity.. The hardest part of the job is travel far for work. The most enjoyedable part was, I have some experience for looking after older people, and thats my dream for looking after my parents.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

Not enough work but too many workers... good management very poor pay rate not much bonus but too much traveling. Very hard job they picked for workers to take but underpay

Pros

Pick ur own availability

Cons

Underpay

Care Assistant

I work within care settings where I complete personal care for clients who need help, I also complete any daily tasks that need to be completed during a shift this could be cleaning, laundry, cooking or personal care for the individuals. Each day is different and offers me different skills and knowledge that I can bring to another work setting.

Good for those who looks for variety at work.

Different work place everyday. Meet new staff everyday and learn new and different rules and regulations. Make new friends. Fast learning and comply to varied regulations. Friendly workplace with a good teamwork. Get used to new facility in no time as well as the regulations is a challenge. Meeting new people and making friends is the most enjoyable part of work.

Pros

different work field.

Cons

Travel to new places.

Generally a great team but insufficient work

Being casual oncall I did not get sufficient work to meet my commitments in the home. Some shifts that came through were not done because they were cancelled at the last minute

Pros

Job content was great

Cons

Not enough work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Senate Nursing Bureau. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Senate Nursing Bureau