Senate Nursing Bureau
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Senate Nursing Bureau Employee Reviews for Healthcare Assistant

Great team of people to work with
I have been a casual worker with Senate Nursing Bureau for three years and they are a great team to work with. I have graduated from HCA to Enrolled Nurse during employment and I am looking forward to Nursing positions.
Great communication, flexible and friendly.
Work at your convenient time.
Work starts in various facilities. You can learn a lot on use of transfer equipments, facility best practices. The hardest part of the job could be the various shifts you take. The fun part is you work at your on your own schedule as permitted.
Pros
Flexible Hours, Multicultural Environment
ok
good at first then no hours and that didnt work for me so i left
nothing more to say

no use working for them as you have to pay for your own uniform
Competetive
I learned a lot from Senate. They have a huge impact on my experiences as a caregiver today. I was able to challenge myself on different working environment. And learned to handle my time wisely in order to finish my job.
great help
This facility was the one who helped me during my down times with regards to my visa status. Also they gave me enough hours to support me financially. forever grateful for this company and the management.
Pros
Heaps of hours and good pay
fun work palce
I worked for as a Nursing Buerau like on call and travel where ever the want me to go to...
I like work morning Mon to Fri... Ive learned heaps. I can manage any kind of work can be with me. I love culture activity..

The hardest part of the job is travel far for work. The most enjoyedable part was, I have some experience for looking after older people, and thats my dream for looking after my parents.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Not enough work but too many workers... good management very poor pay rate not much bonus but too much traveling. Very hard job they picked for workers to take but underpay
Pros
Pick ur own availability
Cons
Underpay
ABI Rehabilation Ranui
I have learned to work in a team as well to handle challenging behavior of the clients. It was really hard on the very first day of my job, I was really nervous but my co-coordinator help me to overcome my nervousness as she was taught a lot of techniques which made my work very easy.
Neat and tidy facility
Shona McFarlane Village is a very neat and relaxing place to work at. Fun and loving atmosphere to be around. Great staff and boss. A place i would recommend to anyone I come across
Pros
Free meals
Casual worker
Competitive pay rates. you pay for your uniform.
Training can be offered.

Work is in most areas in New Zealand.

I have enjoyed working for the nursing bureau and currently still employed as a casual worker.
Pros
competitive pay rates, time and a quarter in weekends
Cons
short notice at times
enjoyable and learning enviornment
Normally I used to do this type of work, but we can assist the patient to wash and dress and assisting them. I learned team work and good communication. If the management expect some work then i will try my best because i will be part of organisation. A task of the care giver is big task, we have to help co workers, when they need. When we need some help and if your co-worker does not help you i think its hardest part of the job. My basic hobby is, to help the helpless people if I take care of them and if i successfully complete different tasks of my daily life then i get relaxation at my work place.
Productivity, Creativity, innovation and fun place to work
-expect the unexpected things or task that will be given to you as long you do your job properly and learn how to deal with every aspect u will in counter on that day.
-sharing and giving ideas on what you learned in the past will help your team to achieve things.

-time and work management is the key to be successful in things you do.

-be friendly and be professional in workplace and just do what job is assign to you and always keep a positive attitude.

-is the deadline that makes everybody stress but if you work as a team it will be all good. its a challenging job

- team work, getting good appreciation, well get a lot of experience and proving myself to be good at my job.
Pros
building trust and work value
Cons
lack of trust and stress
Management exhibited less priority to their employee's welfare and work related well-being
Management allowed or sometimes even encouraged employees to work more than the employee's maximum working hours. Nevertheless, through this experience I have become patient, knowledgeable in handling difficult situations and acting accordingly when stressed and under pressure. Co-workers vary since I work for different establishments, but they were usually quite friendly and more than happy to assist me whenever I needed help. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I am able to help people by means of providing individual care and improving their sense of well being.
Pros
Lunch breaks, Co-workers were usually friendly
Cons
Exceeding the allowed maximum working hours