Senate Nursing Bureau

Senate Nursing Bureau Employee Reviews for Healthcare Assistant

Healthcare Assistant17 reviews
New Zealand17 reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

Great team of people to work with

I have been a casual worker with Senate Nursing Bureau for three years and they are a great team to work with. I have graduated from HCA to Enrolled Nurse during employment and I am looking forward to Nursing positions. Great communication, flexible and friendly.

Flexible hours, heaps of shifts available.

Highly recommended. Very flexible hours. Can work when you want to . You will be working in different facilities every week . You can request to stick to one facility if you wish to.

Pros

Good pay, management very friendly, flexible hours, telephone consultants are very friendly

Cons

Shirt notice shifts, Sometimes send to facilities far away from where you live .

It is a great organization.

Good response for whatever asked. Payment at proper times.Facilities where work is provided is good. Shifts are given according to our choice of area and length.

Pros

Shifts availability is good.

Cons

Sometimes long distances to travel.

Senate is good

Senate Nursing Bureau gives competitive salary for their employees. They also hire students who are doing part-time jobs. The management is very supportive to the employees and they support the migrant workers to have their working visa.

Pros

Plenty of work schedule from different facilities.

Cons

No fix schedule. Working to different facilities around the city.

Very noce and caring staff

Some times staff forces to work even you are sick or onces you have taken a shift and you got sick they forced you to work Other wise they are cool and good . Love to work with them

Work at your convenient time.

Work starts in various facilities. You can learn a lot on use of transfer equipments, facility best practices. The hardest part of the job could be the various shifts you take. The fun part is you work at your on your own schedule as permitted.

Pros

Flexible Hours, Multicultural Environment

ok

good at first then no hours and that didnt work for me so i left nothing more to say no use working for them as you have to pay for your own uniform

Competetive

I learned a lot from Senate. They have a huge impact on my experiences as a caregiver today. I was able to challenge myself on different working environment. And learned to handle my time wisely in order to finish my job.

great help

This facility was the one who helped me during my down times with regards to my visa status. Also they gave me enough hours to support me financially. forever grateful for this company and the management.

Pros

Heaps of hours and good pay

fun work palce

I worked for as a Nursing Buerau like on call and travel where ever the want me to go to... I like work morning Mon to Fri... Ive learned heaps. I can manage any kind of work can be with me. I love culture activity.. The hardest part of the job is travel far for work. The most enjoyedable part was, I have some experience for looking after older people, and thats my dream for looking after my parents.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

Not enough work but too many workers... good management very poor pay rate not much bonus but too much traveling. Very hard job they picked for workers to take but underpay

Pros

Pick ur own availability

Cons

Underpay

ABI Rehabilation Ranui

I have learned to work in a team as well to handle challenging behavior of the clients. It was really hard on the very first day of my job, I was really nervous but my co-coordinator help me to overcome my nervousness as she was taught a lot of techniques which made my work very easy.

Neat and tidy facility

Shona McFarlane Village is a very neat and relaxing place to work at. Fun and loving atmosphere to be around. Great staff and boss. A place i would recommend to anyone I come across

Pros

Free meals

Casual worker

Competitive pay rates. you pay for your uniform. Training can be offered. Work is in most areas in New Zealand. I have enjoyed working for the nursing bureau and currently still employed as a casual worker.

Pros

competitive pay rates, time and a quarter in weekends

Cons

short notice at times

enjoyable and learning enviornment

Normally I used to do this type of work, but we can assist the patient to wash and dress and assisting them. I learned team work and good communication. If the management expect some work then i will try my best because i will be part of organisation. A task of the care giver is big task, we have to help co workers, when they need. When we need some help and if your co-worker does not help you i think its hardest part of the job. My basic hobby is, to help the helpless people if I take care of them and if i successfully complete different tasks of my daily life then i get relaxation at my work place.

Productivity, Creativity, innovation and fun place to work

-expect the unexpected things or task that will be given to you as long you do your job properly and learn how to deal with every aspect u will in counter on that day. -sharing and giving ideas on what you learned in the past will help your team to achieve things. -time and work management is the key to be successful in things you do. -be friendly and be professional in workplace and just do what job is assign to you and always keep a positive attitude. -is the deadline that makes everybody stress but if you work as a team it will be all good. its a challenging job - team work, getting good appreciation, well get a lot of experience and proving myself to be good at my job.

Pros

building trust and work value

Cons

lack of trust and stress

Management exhibited less priority to their employee's welfare and work related well-being

Management allowed or sometimes even encouraged employees to work more than the employee's maximum working hours. Nevertheless, through this experience I have become patient, knowledgeable in handling difficult situations and acting accordingly when stressed and under pressure. Co-workers vary since I work for different establishments, but they were usually quite friendly and more than happy to assist me whenever I needed help. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I am able to help people by means of providing individual care and improving their sense of well being.

Pros

Lunch breaks, Co-workers were usually friendly

Cons

Exceeding the allowed maximum working hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Senate Nursing Bureau. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Senate Nursing Bureau