Senate Nursing Bureau

New Zealand33 reviews

Clear
3.7Work–Life Balance

Albany

Flexible hours and different days. Learned to work with different people, good management. Cultural safety. The hardest part if the client, not cooperates in the care.

Pros

morning tea and lunch

Cons

4 - 6 hours

Flexible hours, heaps of shifts available.

Highly recommended. Very flexible hours. Can work when you want to . You will be working in different facilities every week . You can request to stick to one facility if you wish to.

Pros

Good pay, management very friendly, flexible hours, telephone consultants are very friendly

Cons

Shirt notice shifts, Sometimes send to facilities far away from where you live .

Senate is good

Senate Nursing Bureau gives competitive salary for their employees. They also hire students who are doing part-time jobs. The management is very supportive to the employees and they support the migrant workers to have their working visa.

Pros

Plenty of work schedule from different facilities.

Cons

No fix schedule. Working to different facilities around the city.

I am very happy

I am very happy with Senate nursing Bureau. Very supportive team. Good management. I would like to thank Senate for giving me a great opportunity to work with them.

productive

Good rates, good team management and well as the workers. Hardest part when you do not know your fixed days that you need to work at. This is casual you are just call in when you are needed . Learn lots of stuff that are very important to look after the elderly people

Pros

bonus with good performances

Cons

long hours when the person need to replace you didnt show up

Different facilicties different routines applied.

Normal working days. Work as a team, respect others. Very good management. If someone distracted my day. Complete or finished my job before I leave the place.

Pros

Well because I worked different facilities so I have to take my own.

Cons

Depend on shifts they offered to you in a week.

great help

This facility was the one who helped me during my down times with regards to my visa status. Also they gave me enough hours to support me financially. forever grateful for this company and the management.

Pros

Heaps of hours and good pay

Not enough work but too many workers... good management very poor pay rate not much bonus but too much traveling. Very hard job they picked for workers to take but underpay

Pros

Pick ur own availability

Cons

Underpay

enjoyable and learning enviornment

Normally I used to do this type of work, but we can assist the patient to wash and dress and assisting them. I learned team work and good communication. If the management expect some work then i will try my best because i will be part of organisation. A task of the care giver is big task, we have to help co workers, when they need. When we need some help and if your co-worker does not help you i think its hardest part of the job. My basic hobby is, to help the helpless people if I take care of them and if i successfully complete different tasks of my daily life then i get relaxation at my work place.

Enjoyable atmosphere to work in

Thoroughly enjoyed working with my residents. Have a huge passion for caring for people therefore was able to give the best service as I could to make there stay as comfortable as possible. co-workers i worked with were lovely as long as you were open minded with discussions and honest at all times particularly when not agreeing with something. most enjoyable part of the job was fulfilling the needs of elderly and seeing that they are happy hardest part of the job- as management was not solidified at the time there were constant shortage of supplies however i tried the best to cater to what was available

Pros

friendly team to work with

Cons

people not willing to help when it is required for two people on the job

Productivity, Creativity, innovation and fun place to work

-expect the unexpected things or task that will be given to you as long you do your job properly and learn how to deal with every aspect u will in counter on that day. -sharing and giving ideas on what you learned in the past will help your team to achieve things. -time and work management is the key to be successful in things you do. -be friendly and be professional in workplace and just do what job is assign to you and always keep a positive attitude. -is the deadline that makes everybody stress but if you work as a team it will be all good. its a challenging job - team work, getting good appreciation, well get a lot of experience and proving myself to be good at my job.

Pros

building trust and work value

Cons

lack of trust and stress

has been so good working with Senate Nursing Bureau.But, I love to live in a calm and quiet place.So I think Bay Of Plenty is the best place for me to

I worked with almost 15 rest homes around New zealand while working with Senate Nursing Bureau.I could work with people from different cultural backgrounds.I learned how to adapt to different work settings while being a bureau nurse. I could be a part of the team whereever worked with.The hardest part of the job is i had to travel some distance some days when i had been booked with a rest home which is far away from Auckland.The most enjoyable part is that I like peace and quiet places.I could visit such places while working with Senate Nursing Bureau.Also I could make a good relationship with the management.

Pros

work experience from different rest homes

Cons

Different places and long distances

Management exhibited less priority to their employee's welfare and work related well-being

Management allowed or sometimes even encouraged employees to work more than the employee's maximum working hours. Nevertheless, through this experience I have become patient, knowledgeable in handling difficult situations and acting accordingly when stressed and under pressure. Co-workers vary since I work for different establishments, but they were usually quite friendly and more than happy to assist me whenever I needed help. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I am able to help people by means of providing individual care and improving their sense of well being.

Pros

Lunch breaks, Co-workers were usually friendly

Cons

Exceeding the allowed maximum working hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Senate Nursing Bureau. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Senate Nursing Bureau
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?