Senate Nursing Bureau

Clear
3.7Work–Life Balance
3.7Pay & Benefits

Albany

Flexible hours and different days. Learned to work with different people, good management. Cultural safety. The hardest part if the client, not cooperates in the care.

Pros

morning tea and lunch

Cons

4 - 6 hours

Flexible hours, heaps of shifts available.

Highly recommended. Very flexible hours. Can work when you want to . You will be working in different facilities every week . You can request to stick to one facility if you wish to.

Pros

Good pay, management very friendly, flexible hours, telephone consultants are very friendly

Cons

Shirt notice shifts, Sometimes send to facilities far away from where you live .

It is a great organization.

Good response for whatever asked. Payment at proper times.Facilities where work is provided is good. Shifts are given according to our choice of area and length.

Pros

Shifts availability is good.

Cons

Sometimes long distances to travel.

Senate is good

Senate Nursing Bureau gives competitive salary for their employees. They also hire students who are doing part-time jobs. The management is very supportive to the employees and they support the migrant workers to have their working visa.

Pros

Plenty of work schedule from different facilities.

Cons

No fix schedule. Working to different facilities around the city.

Very noce and caring staff

Some times staff forces to work even you are sick or onces you have taken a shift and you got sick they forced you to work Other wise they are cool and good . Love to work with them

Unequal treatment of workers

Pay rate does not equal qualifications. Too many workers not enuf work. Favours people needing guaranteed hours for visa requirements. Uniform of poor quality for the price.

Pros

Variety of workplaces to upskill. Wonderful people you care for

Cons

Below guaranteed wage rate depending on who you are, Told there is much work available there is not, Sometimes the distance travelled makes tbe job pointless financially, Have to buy own uniform.

productive

Good rates, good team management and well as the workers. Hardest part when you do not know your fixed days that you need to work at. This is casual you are just call in when you are needed . Learn lots of stuff that are very important to look after the elderly people

Pros

bonus with good performances

Cons

long hours when the person need to replace you didnt show up

ok

good at first then no hours and that didnt work for me so i left nothing more to say no use working for them as you have to pay for your own uniform

Renumeration, costs incurred by SW's

Renumeration - Beware!! Senates hourly rates are not based on qualifications. Numerous SW's with only level 2 qualifications are paid a much higher hourly rate than them, on an advanced level of training with many years hands-on experience. SW's in this position may end up being milked and employed on the cheap, if they are not wise to this. Must pay for uniform. Are not paid when attending Senate training days. Often very long distance travel too and from job is over and above earning for the day, especially when one factors in the extra time required to drive the longer journey. Do not pay mileage... To conclude, do the math before excepting a shift!!!

Pros

clients are more than often lovely people.

Cons

Senate's questionable take on renumeration.

great help

This facility was the one who helped me during my down times with regards to my visa status. Also they gave me enough hours to support me financially. forever grateful for this company and the management.

Pros

Heaps of hours and good pay

Not enough work but too many workers... good management very poor pay rate not much bonus but too much traveling. Very hard job they picked for workers to take but underpay

Pros

Pick ur own availability

Cons

Underpay

care giver & kitchen hand

senate bureau care giver ONLY ON CALL Puriri Court Kitchen hand sometimes nice hours,sometimes not much i still work there

Pros

its nice

Cons

long hours is ok for me

Casual worker

Competitive pay rates. you pay for your uniform. Training can be offered. Work is in most areas in New Zealand. I have enjoyed working for the nursing bureau and currently still employed as a casual worker.

Pros

competitive pay rates, time and a quarter in weekends

Cons

short notice at times

good

i work experience with senate is good. I learnt a lot regarding health care and i have realised that its a good job bcz its a service to humanity and a source of livelihood as well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Senate Nursing Bureau. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Senate Nursing Bureau
  • Pay & Benefits
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?