Serco
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Serco:

Serco Employee Reviews

New Zealand6 reviews
Overall a great workplace in my opinion. Something new and exciting every shift. A lot of room for personal development and freedom to work unsupervised. Meaning not so much down time but opportunities to strive as an individual and leader.
Pros
Decent salary
Cons
Very long shifts and rotating rosters
Got the best rewards from Serco which I did not achieve from any other employer. Looked after me very well by upskilling and educating me. The management was perfect.
Pros
Free car park and flexiable hours
Typical day at work is never knowing what you will face or encounter during work hours. I learnt to be vigilant and focus on my line of work at all times. Learnt how to stay calm and keep a cool head when dealing with clients. My workload is shared and manage accordingly with rules, regulations, policy and procedures with my work colleagues. The hardest part of the job is that you have to be consistent with your decision making and to be fair and firm when executing a task assigned to. You have to earn respect as you do in any other job. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing your clients and how you deal with them individually at stressful times and difficult situations.
Pros
Training and lunches
Cons
Long hours when required
I commence work at 08H00 and manage the workshop with regards to daily work, hold toolbox meeting with workers, carry our routine facility check of workshop area, issue teams their tasks for the day, I have learned how to work with different cultures and how to manage a large workshop with 30 workers and working with management to complete and service our stake holders and clients effectively and to deliver the best possible service. I work well with my immediate manager to complete daily tasks and month end requirements, I get on well with my co-workers as we need to support each other to keep the organisation operating smoothly. The hardest part of the job is to try complete jobs in the time frame given as suppliers sometimes are unable to deliver goods ordered to do the work, the most enjoyable part of the job is watching the students develop into qualified trades men.
Pros
Working hours.
Cons
No scope for progression and developement.
Good team environment
Long days

Working with good customers

Learnt about bringing new fleet of vehicles into service

Short term contract
Pros
good team environment
Cons
Not much concern on employees development.
Favouritism and Nepotism.
Pros
Good Pay Rate
Cons
Poor Roster shifts