Service King Collision Repair Employee Reviews

Bad culture
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FL19 September 2019
Poor management, Lies upon lies upon lies this company is.. its horrible honestly would not recommend working here. No training they just make you watch mandatory videos for your first month it’s just hard to make money there. This is a job not a career.
Good
Car Detailer (Current Employee) –  Antioch, TN17 September 2019
A decent work environment, No choice in hours, unrealistic expectations, zero compensation when your vehicle is used for company gain/ purpose. Good management and all necessities for safety and resources are provided by service king. Some of the people I’ve worked with did not have background checks and without my knowledge have been convicted of major crimes with out me or other team members knowing.
Pros
Management, work amount.
Cons
Hours, compensation, expectations.
Great company/w benefits
OFFICE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Blue Island, IL16 September 2019
On paper this is an ideal employer- the option for advancement is not as prevalent as I would like. Advancement opportunities are slim as most positions are pegged for long term occupancy. Paid weekly- good ins and 401k options- great atmosphere and great coworkers- pay is not to crazy but mid median to living expenses
Pros
Pay
Cons
Advancement opps
Typical day at work.
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MS12 September 2019
Answer phone calls and schedule in customers for estimates and respond to emails. Cal insurance company's to take payment for repairs. Greet customers and clean the front lobby and make coffee.
Sk does not care about all employees
Production manager (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TX11 September 2019
I was a production manager for service king for over 4 years.i never recieved a raise.During my time there I had 3 managers .Last year I was diagnosed with prostate cancer I did my radiation treatments at lunch so I wouldn’t miss time. New manager fired me because I was stupid and too old for large shop
Cons
No pay increases and no support from upper management
Fun and easy going productive environment with good catered food.
Lead body technician (Current Employee) –  Tooele, UT10 September 2019
Service King collision is a place that works to benefit the collision industry by setting good practices and allowing us to set our own higher expectations. We do not just repair cars here , its about helping people put their lives back together after an accident with confidence. Service King makes a fast paced and deadline demanding job fun and enjoyable because of the people and environment we work in. The greatest reward is knowing we did a good job and our customers go home satisfied with their experience.
Stay away from Livonia store
Automotive Collision Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MI1 September 2019
The manager there is very rude and not a good person. Over all, just your typical collision shop situation, they pay commission and give the work to whoever kiss's up to them.
great first job
PORTER (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WA25 August 2019
great team besides the service writers. pay is not enough at all. manager is an awsome guy. if you like cars this is the place for you. if you want to advance in the autobody collision repair industry this is the job for you
All on YOUR plate
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Texas23 August 2019
Very stressful environment. The back of the house is in total control and when it your not making money as a service advisor. Managment advises you with unachievable goals that are suppose to help better your financial situation. If you are new to the industry and need an opening position it is a good starting position because it is truely swim or sink.
Beware!...Horrible place to work!..No integrity and broken promises!!!!
N/A (Former Employee) –  N/A22 August 2019
Beware!! It is not what you know but who you know and they lie to you about advancement and pay. Very toxic work environment...….Stay AWAY...POOR MANAGMENT....
My experience
Painter Helper (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL21 August 2019
The stores I worked at just played games with people. Hire for to do one thing and then have you do everything until the sun go from store to store. Had me was washing cars and driving people around. I was like the shop help.
Fun place to work but if your not cute they wont do anything for you as a female.
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TX15 August 2019
I liked working there only problem was I did a lot of the work while my co worker sat there looking cute. They played favorites a lot and if you weren't part of the group they weren't going to do anything for you. Other then that everyone for the most part was really nice.
Pros
Could be fun place
Cons
They pick and chose who they like.
Getting worse
Auto Refinish Tech (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FL15 August 2019
Go somewhere else. You don't get paid fairly on a lot of jobs. The management really doesn't know what he is doing. Ask for one job to get done and comes back in the same day and tells you not that car I need this one. Not organized.
Service King
Lead Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AR14 August 2019
Service King is an excellent company to work for. Co-workers are helpful and friendly. Benefits are great. There are lots of departments to help you..
Pros
Shop lunches, bonuses, Pto, 401K, Benefits, Holiday pay
Cons
Opportunity to advance
Dont plan on seeing your house in the daytime.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ9 August 2019
Hours are ridiculous for most employees and managers especially. There are some great people that work for this company but the company is not so much. Benefits are great.
Horrible!!!
Office Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Euless, TX9 August 2019
Horrible place to work! No respect or appreciation for how much you have to do on top of 💩 management that doesn’t do anything! And treat you like a personal secretary as if you are lowest worker on the totem pole and nothing you do is good enough.
Fun place to work
Bumper Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX8 August 2019
Learned alot on the job with employees that were willing to teach. Definitely wish I had stayed a little longer than I did, but decided to further my education in the automotive performance industry.
Production MSO
Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TX2 August 2019
Coming up on 6 years with SK. Great place to work. Room for advancement and development with an intern program for advisers and apprentice program for technicians. Bonuses are available for most employees and, unlike another MSO, the adviser bonus is their own, not the total store score. Techs bonus too for quality.
Growing Company
Safety Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TX29 July 2019
This is a good place to work. Solid pay and laid back atmosphere.Not to many opportunity for team building. Could us more of that to build a more enjoyable work place.
Horrible place to work. No morals and no integrity. Unappreciative of employees.
Estimator (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TX29 July 2019
Unless you are part of the corporate goons you're nobody here. Unrealistic and unreasonable in every aspect. No stucture and no leadership. Demands are high and rewards are nonexistent and the pay is sub-par. If you absolutely need a job then this place qualifies. Otherwise stay far away.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Service King Collision Repair. Our community is ready to answer.