Service King Collision Repair
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Service King Collision Repair Employee Reviews

Very organized and clean buh not enough work togo around. Mangers we’re giving work to who they want and I could bearly make money there. Everyone who came there had that problem buh they got rid of that manger right after I left for signature collision
Pros
Team meetings and lunches
Cons
Personal difficulty
Management is very understanding and appreciative of your work. Hard work doesn't go unnoticed and will be rewarded. You have the opportunity to wear many different hats which is great experience to obtain.
In the beginning it was great. I was assaulted by a fellow writer but nothing was done. I was promised a promotion to assistant general manager but it never happened. Then they reorganized where i was now paid 1/3 and was doing three people’s jobs. Then they got hurt by the Covid-19 so i was set up to look like my production was down so they let me go.
Luckily i was able to find another job in less then a month. I still suffer from the experience
Pros
Not much
Cons
Over worked and under paid.
Its a great place to get your foot in the industry. I would cation to utilize this establishment as a stepping stone only. I would say a minimum of two years depending on what you are trying to do.
This company does not value there employees after working for this company for 5 years I was terminated during a pandemic, Protocols were not taken and I was fairly new to the position both managers were unprofessional it is definitely a toxic place I put my time in helping boost team moral working extra hours working during lunch end up like this not fair at all
Pros
Work schedule
Cons
The company culture
Not a good experience.management have there favorite budy budy techs and those are the ones that make money.to make any money as a tech one has to work till midnights if not then ur not suitable for this company as i see it.
Pros
Good health benefits
Cons
Bad managers
Amazing staff. The workplace was at times stressful when having to meet requirements but always a place that I looked forward to going to work. The position was highly rewarding overall.
Pros
Amazing place for opportunities.
Cons
They required me to stop going to college to accept a promotion.
They need more structure and a better program for their employees to grow and advance. Also better pay. The cost of livimgnin California now very high so the per hour doesn't match with the living expenses
Worked at Service King is a commitment. It's not "7-6, Mon-Fri" routine; many days I came in before 7 and left well after 6 to finish up. Obviously your experience will determine that as well, but be prepared to give up family life and extracurricular activities until you've got it worked out. You can make money if you are at the right shop, but even that isn't a guarantee. Management is a joke as most of them were "field promoted" when their predecessor was demoted or quit. Regional managers run the shops like slave asters and everyone is afraid of them. Good luck! of them wer
Pros
Not many
Cons
Long hours, pay is subpar, management hyarchy is questionable
Service King is one of the largest Auto Collision Repair companies in the US. They have great benefits and compensate their Technicians well.
I have worked here for 8 plus years with one year off.
Pros
Benefits and Compensation
At first it was great then they hired more people even tho we didnt need them work was not passed out fairly...........................................
Pros
Free lunches, Paid for I-car classes
Cons
Not enough work, Work not handed out fairly
Service King is drastically understaffed for the type of performance expected. Their business plan is to run "lean," but, unfortunately, it comes with a cost to their employees in the field doing the work.
Dissasemble vehicles
Re assemble vehicles

Diagnose set up and measure vehicles on frame machine

Bodywork (repair door panels, repair different panels of the vehicle, bumper repair)

Assembling cars after vehicle has been painted
The employment at Service King offers many oppertunities for advancement and relocation to anywhere in the united states. They have every state of the art tool needed.
Pros
Relocations
Cons
None that i can think of
The compensation is above average for the industry. Employees are scored individually for bonuses, but everyone is forced to rely on the work of others because scores are calculated as a group. Exemplary work is not commended, it almost feels like they do everything in their power to make you feel unimportant. All that matters to management and upper management is staying on budget. They don't care about proper repair practices or vehicle safety unless they are forced to address an issue.
There is no work life balance. You’re required to work OT it’s not an option, and management plays favorites. If you kiss managers behind you’re in, it’s not really about your work.
Long hours but you learn a lot about the auto industry. You get to meet interesting customers. Getting to work with some awesome co-workers that give it their all.
Pros
Free lunches if we meet our quota.
Cons
long hours 7am - 6pm
I was at Service King Collision Repair for a short time, due to Covid-19, but it was a nice place to work when I was there. The people seemed friendly and helpful.
Fast pace work environment
Good benefits and 401k. Competitive work place

Pay is based off sales. Is a base plus commission but is structured as a w-2 with draw pay.
Company and management don’t care about you it got worse after the changes stay o way
Manager dose not know what she is doing

First they promise you the world
Good work environment, customer orientated, A typical day is hard you work 5 peoples job with not enough financial compensation. Training is very well done.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Service King Collision Repair. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9