Silver Fern Farms
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
View all Silver Fern Farms reviews

Silver Fern Farms

Silver Fern Farms Employee Review

Awesome fun, if you're doing it for a season.

Wonderful place to work at met alot of people and had encouragement throughout the whole time I had worked there. Made many mistakes, and all mistakes were addressed by the management team! They definitely aimed for perfection. Which is good.

Pros

Free lunch sometimes when season ends, and bonuses.

Cons

Long hours, long bus trips.

Family atmosphere

The day starts early and the work is intense, but the pay rewards are good, for those who work hard at it. More training opportunities available for those who wish to go for them. Lamb Secondary Butchery had a family atmosphere and everyone is welcoming and helpful to new people. Nothing is more rewarding than seeing someone achieve the results and rewards they are after. Finding enough work to get through the downtime in the off season is the hardest part, but there are opportunities at other processing plants to help with this.

Pros

Good pay, great workmates

Cons

Early starts

Great Pay but Repetitive work

A typical day will have you on a production line doing the same thing over and over again, however there is the option to move up in the workplace and gain experience and qualifications. Staff is a mixed bag, you'll get along with some and others not so much but you'll rarely talk because you'll work independently 90% of the time anyway. You are prone to getting a repetitive strain injury as the work is physical, they have a medical staff on hand and encourage micro pauses.

Pros

Seasonal

Cons

Repetitive work
Same location

Working with my own people

I enjoyed working at Silver Fern Farm because I got to meet my family members from the Island.I wanted to see if I could handle hard work and I did.Everything is possible if I put my whole heart in it.The manager was encouraging the workers to work hard,earn more.The hardest part is,the coldness and the enjoyable part is packing the meats it was fun.

Pros

No free lunch

Cons

Good hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Silver Fern Farms. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Silver Fern Farms
  • Awesome fun, if you're doing it for a season.