Silver Fern Farms
View all Silver Fern Farms reviews

Silver Fern Farms

Silver Fern Farms Employee Review

Best part about that place is the ones in the whites.

This is a good place for teens to start out as I did helps you grow up, you make really good mates and get the best pay you'll ever get at 16 years old. High up Management could use some work on communication skills and how to treat their works though but other then that its a good place to work.

Pros

Make good mates, get good money

Cons

The bullying from management

Same role

Great working environment

Get in to work at 3:00pm, get gear on, sharpen knives and ready on the chain at 3:30 sharp. Get 2 30min smokos and chain stop 12:00 normal night. Learned a lot of knife skills during my time, lamb and mutton boning shoulders, legs, loins etc. Learned how to enjoy working with close mates whilst also maintaining quality product/getting job done quickly. Management are good, know when to relax but also know when to kick you into line. Co-workers are like a family, good talk and productive in team environment. Hardest part of the job is the first month. Everything feels difficult as you are new, and have to adjust to the new working environment (body also hurts if you're not used to the intensity). Most enjoyable part of the job is the chillers, easy job and good break from the chain if you're sore.

Pros

Good workout, make good friends

Cons

Strain on body, seasonal
Same role

Productive and energetic workplace

a typical day would procure a plethora of great fun, tied in with a hard working environment that produced a great atmosphere, but one where work got done quickly and efficiently.

Pros

workmates and managent.
Same location

Fun place to work ♥️ supervisor's are very friendly and so encouraging

I love working in this place me and my family's are moving back to Auckland but I never forget this company's if I we ever move back to matamata I will definitely go back to work it fun working there and the job are easy supervisor 's are so friendly and so helpful when I needed help love you SILVER FERNS

Pros

No free lunch which is ok

Cons

Wages are very good aspecially whe it comes to the little Cows hhhh i had a fat pay check hhh

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Silver Fern Farms. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Silver Fern Farms
  • Best part about that place is the ones in the whites.