Silver Fern Farms
View all Silver Fern Farms reviews

Silver Fern Farms

Silver Fern Farms Employee Review

challenging

I wasn't too sure of which department I was going to be working in the 2 years that I worked doing bobbies.When doing the hides self taught .Self taught in the hides and when I was doing the joints most of the time the cutter broke down and it was hands on.

S*it place

Management couldn't run a p*ss up at a brewery, or even a decant bbq. Worked in 40c conditions on the slaughterboard during covid, they waited for several people to pass out before sending us home over the 4 day heatwave, still at least 35 most days of summer. Didn't give us masks for the first months of covid or social distancing and we had no working air con, 1 buck soda too expensive for the company bbq... Overworked like **** and treated like dogs by management who didn't do ****. Got sick from their disgusting unfiltered water fountains with water I wouldn't give to my dog and then pressure you like **** to come in sick then give you a written warning and try to suspend you when you do come in sick, and then dont let you progress to a decent job, and advance all the new night shift staff to those jobs after night shift finishes because its easier... They dont give a **** about your mental wellbeing and will fire you over trying to deal with it rather than try and help you through it. Would rather clean toilets than work there again...

Overworked, underpaid.

Bad management. Poor leadership and poor supervision. Good training non existent. Poor communication from management to workers. Poor management of work injuries.

Pros

Meat sales

Cons

Long hours, lack of notice for compulsory overtime work. Always short staffed.

Plagued with Bad Culture

My experience was sad, stressful and I often felt overwhelmed (from broken machines and no support) Management and team leaders lacked basic communication skills, and the engineering team are very difficult to work with. Definitely some jobs are better than others there, but unfortunately if your female your more likely to work the fast paced/lesser paid jobs.

Pros

Good Pay Good Hours Great Training

Cons

Bad Work Culture Outdated Tools&Equipment/Machines

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Silver Fern Farms. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Silver Fern Farms
  • challenging
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?